Looking for a New Detector...NEED HELP!!!!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I have 400 bucks to spend on a detector...i am currently using an old whites coinmaster classic.. I have been online for a month now trying to make a decision... I have narrowed down to what I think may be the best to get... 1. Garrett ace 250pro, the minelab x-terra 30, the whites classic 5id, and the titan xd 3000 from First Texas..
I have an old garrett vlf/tr model, and like the garrett name. The 250 looks to be a good detector but no ground balance. same with the minlab, the whites classic, well haven't heard much about it... and the titan.. I called a dealer that carries all of these brands and they reccommended the titan because of the gb, price, and warranty. I've seen some really good reviews on this detector... SO IF SOMEONE HAS THEIR 2ct's on these, especially the titan, please respond...thanks
sorry left out that i am interested in coin hunting and some relics, live in south central oklahoma, some red clay. I just want a detector that will tell me when it is iron and foil instead of the same sounds that all the coins are making on my whites coinmaster...i'm hoping an visual id and newer electronics will fix that....

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only spent two hours hunting with my T2 but I am liking it more and more everytime I use it. I have a 6000 Di Pro and a Fisher ID Excel. The T2 blows them away. My hearing is not all that good and I pick up the tone better with the T2. It also seperates junk that is laying right next to the good stuff.
Just my opinion.
Burdie

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks but I only can go up to $400.00 that's why I picking between the 4 listed... ???

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Think USED DETECTOR. Lots of bargains out there. Ebay, classifieds on TN, Findmall, Treasure Depot. A lot of dealers have a used detector section.
It just seems that you are an experienced detectorist and should be upgrading beyond the entry level detectors you listed.

Just my 2 cents
George

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stoney,, my wife saw where I had printed off the tesoro line, she also slapped the crap out of me because I laid the info next to the bed where my "wish" stuff usually goes. she said" I told you nothing over $400. >:(... I guess I'll have to smooze a little(alot) to get up over $400... ;).

Willy

I'll repeat what George said.. USED DETECTOR!! You'll get twice the machine for half the price. I picked up a detector that would blow any of the ones you've got listed (and some high end detectors too) away for only $150. Just look at how many posts a seller has made and the quality. That should give you an idea as to whether you should send your hard earned cash. ..Willy.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
What part of central OK. Im in okc. You might consider the Vaquero by Tesoro its a very good machine in your price range with manual ground balance. Call me at 405-685-3130. Me and my dad own Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC. We carry both White's and Tesoro.

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet you can find a used Whites 6000 Xl Pro or XL Pro on Ebay for $400.00
I got mine for $350.00 and it surpassed my air test of my older 5900 DI Pro Plus
by a long shot.................Have had a chance to get it outside. (Ice & Snow)

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up with the Tesoro Vaquero... I am really enjoying it and love how easy it is to ground balance and pinpoint... i don't even use the pinpoint button, but to tell what kind of metal it is by the sound.... The machine is well worth the money... thanks for all of the advice... Evan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread