Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I would like to state that I do not sell Metal Detectors. I care less if you like or dislike the T2 detector. This post is just information that I am sharing with Tnet members.
The area that I searched is my front yard. It is divided by a sidewalk. An area 10ft. by 8ft. I have hunted this area twice with a 6000 Di Pro White and twice with a fisher ID Excel. I did not dig anything that was not a decent signal. I found two wheat pennies, three new pennies, and one clad dime.
I took my T2 out today and hunted that same area digging only good signals. Only three signals came up good. The first signal was weak but consistent showing nickel. I dug a plug three inches round and three deep. The ground was damp and the plugs held together very well today. In the first plug a piece of metal was on one side of the plug with a nickel on the other side of the plug and a little below the metal. The second plug was a nickel four inches deep with a key over the top of it. The third plug I dug was showing a dime six inches down. It was a small old ford key not a dime. The signal tone seemed very distinct when they were good. The fisher was hard for me to tell the difference in tones. Pinpointing was very accurate. I spent 30 minutes huntingg that area. Needles to say I was surprised at finding anything but I also think the T2 is separating the junk from the good stuff. As soon as I can will post a longer hunt.
PICT0005-1.JPG

OK went out for an hour today. Worked an area that I have checked before. This machine so far is a nickle huntin machine. Found two this time out. Also found a token. Cleaning it for now.
One thing that happened was the detector moved from discriminate to all metal mode. Not sure how that occurred. I will say it did not take me long to realize something was wrong. It squawked like crazy. The reaction to going over a good target is fast. I herd that you have to swing this coil fast but I don't agree. It is just average speed like the others. ID seems to be good most of the time. I did get a quarter reading 5 inches down that turned out to be a copper lamp cover about 4 inches in diameter. Will post a picture when I get time. Still learning how to use this detector.
Burdie

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My experiance with T2 a series of hunts when I can get out.

good post and boast MR BURD 8)

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas

Sounds like it is working for you ! Maybe I can see it in action one day soon.

~KANSAS~

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Burdie,

keep us posted.

Have heard some good things about the T2, would
like to hear more.

Is it made by the Bounty Hunter folks?

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Glad you like it so well,Burdie.I have heard nothing but good about the T2 and I saw one in action by our mutual friend,you know who,and I was really impressed.ID and depth was right on.Hope the weather holds for you.Keep us posted.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Cool post and nice info. Stan. Just hang in there a bit and we'll get you to those spots to give it a real workout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread