Viper Trident

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The addage you get what you pay for is very true. Why not stick to the major brands and save yourself a heartache.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the term "reliable" is in the eye of the beholder. there are several around here as of late that would have one believe that these machines are quite good, but as sandman already stated, i would stick with the big manufactures. besides, what will you do when you need service because the thing stopped working? im sure the chinese manufacturer that stamps these things out like smoke detectors will be of little use then. but before the grumbling starts from the peanut gallery................its your money. ::) ;)

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
I bumped a hornets nest asking that question in another forum.Over 98% had nothing good to say about the trident and the Company that sells it as a PROfessional model.Some of my favorites were"barely finds a dime at 2 inches and sounds like an insect"and "cannot locate a volkswagon in a swimming pool".
So many complaints that the post was pulled.
It would appear that there are 2 Different detectors being sold under different names and Control boxes.IE A 2 knob,and a 3 knob
I would buy a used detector from An Established manufacturer with better customer support.
So I am saving to buy a Fisher 1280X.
Happy Hunting,Mont

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread