Compass Coin Hustler 1

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked one up at a flea mkt a month ago. When I researched it then, I found a link for the instructions. Now I can't find it. I remember reading it worked great for coins just as the name implies. In my field test there was no distinction between iron, silver or clad.
Trying to decide to keep it for my grand kids or just sell it and add the cash to my " rat hole" bucket for my next machine.
Thanks

OP
OP
Maburger

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks but that's not the one I remember. It had information on setting the only knob on the machine. Volume, turn up makes a horrible noise. I thought it said to turn it down to a low hum while holding a small distance from the ground or something like that.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Never mind...

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on page 8 and 9 of the PDF listed above.. looks like the info you requested

3. METAL-MINERAL (Models 99B, 94B & 90B)
These particular models do not require the combination COARSE and FINE TUNING feature. Only
one control is necessary for selection of METAL MINERAL operating mode. This control has a very
wide tuning range between the METAL and MINERAL modes. Therefore, there is as much as three or
four complete revolutions of null (or no sound) area between one mode and the other. Tuning is
accomplished by turning the control in the direction of operating mode desired until just a faint whisper
of signal is obtained. The operator should familiarize himself with the control by turning through the
full METAL-null-MINERAL tuning range several times. As stated in "2" above, do not tune for too
loud of signal, just a whisper.
4. METAL ONLY - NUGGET & COIN HUSTLER series
Incorporate a single control, which functions as power ON/OFF tuning for the METAL mode of
operation only. The control is turned toward METAL for the desired tuning tone as stated in "3" above

*** edit*** bold highlights added

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maburger

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:dontknow::dontknow:Not sure what you mean Larry...

OP
OP
Maburger

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jeff. I believe I figured out what I am doing wrong now. I'm gonna give it a try!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coin Hustler I is a good little coin getter. Back when I had my Sovereign XS, I had found a Hustler at a garage sale. My now ex-wife would use it when we hunted together and she would about match me every time for number of coins found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread