Deep Tech Vista Gold?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I got one that unfortunately stopped working normaly after only 3 weeks of testing/use, never got to take it to an abandoned golf field town, which was the intension.
Can't really say much about it's performance in real detecting condition as I never actually got to use it in such.

Have been in contact with manufacturer DeepTech several times but have not been able to procure the replacement part that is needed to get it back to proper working condition.

Meantime....... while waiting for a little after sale service the shaft is being used with another coil/detector brand and is very handy when Gold Prospecting.

Inoperative-VistaGold_600.jpg

ivanll

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher23

Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got a Whites TDI. I guess it's best to stay with the tried and true.
Dirtfisher23

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of people have this machine in the USA and are satisfied. There are many videos and other posts about it on this and other forums - please do your own search and make your own decision. This one issue from someone in AUS should not be a reason to not look at this machine.

The above post by Ivanll is on-going sour grapes - if you knew the whole story - you would laugh.

The DeepTech has 100% support here in the USA - Ivanll lives in AUS where there is NO distributor. He actually contacted the manufacturer Detech when he had a problem with his DeepTech. How can you trust what anyone says that can't even keep straight who they bought their machine from?

Once DeepTech was alerted to his problem they immediately wanted to fix his machine. Ivanll wanted them to send him a new board (or head) to fix it himself. That is not how they do repairs and they refused.

The story has many different twists and turns and comments from Ivanll - you can search for posts on multiple forums and see the comments yourself.

Anyone use this detector?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome machine for the price and using the small coil you won't find anything that will work better in iron! Also the Aussie has been on a Deeptech bash so don't take any stock of the bologna he's tellin all half truths!

Last edited:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
No sour grapes I'm just not biased.

Let's make it clear, I have never belittled any DeepTech product; as for their after sales costumer service.........I haven't had the pleasure and experience.........so no comments.

Correct.......We do not have a Deeptech product importer in Au. and therefore we have to look after our own imported purchases which can only take place if there is customer support service from the original manufacturer.
I alerted/contacted Deeptech to my Vista Gold problem as soon as they became contactable, had to do it a number of times due to some problems they had with hacker attacks and apparently email losses.
First they wanted me to send my Vista Gold back to them and supply a tracking number.
As can be seen on DT Electronics Ltd. invoice, another back and forth shipping would have made the shipping cost worth almost as much as the purchase of the detector in the first place ........definitely not a palatable or intelligent option.

P7257051_600.jpg

Instead I enquired as to the cost and possibility of purchasing a complete fully assembled control housing with two power wires out of the unit long enough to reach the power supply switch.
This is where the DeepTech customer service ended and Rosi suggested that if I wanted to save money on the shipping perhaps I could contact the US importer and she attached the contact address to "Extreme Detecting".

I did reply to the email as to why this arrangement would not work out with a savoury outcome and Rosi promised to send a copy to you Barry and from reading your post, it looks like she did.......good on her.

A number of people were interested in the Vista Gold while we were testing it, less so when it broke down and now no one have an interest in a detector with no back-up service.

And I still contact Detech when their "Ultimate" coil product is required and purchased.

Funny thing the man with many names hype the Vista Gold up to a level where some might think this unit can really produce a useful result.........and then he sells his unit to get money for another project .....???......pathetic!

At least I can still sign of with my own name.

ivanll

andyfreeze

Greenie
Nov 29, 2013
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista Gold, White's MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Canadian distributor now. Home
At least, it's closer to home.

Top Member Reactions