Treasue Commander

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys!
Recently I've noticed that Kellyco now has some "Treasure Commander" detectors for sale. I have never used one personally (I'm quite happy with my F2) but I was just wondering: do you guys think that they'll be able to compete with the other entry level machines? They look pretty well built and it appears that they have some pretty neat features for beginner detectors, but can they perform up to par with the other entry level machines on the market?
Happy hunting!
C4C

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent been able to try one out I can't get my head around the price there asking 400+ or u can go to eBay & get the 2 models same frames just not painted camo & doesn't say si robertson both models under $200

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's really weird. How does camo paint really add that much value? You're right too in the fact that they're asking a lot for a beginner detector, but the Tc2x might be better suited for the intermediate hunter. It looks like it has quite a few features and something about it just looks (I know that looks can be deceiving) very rich in technology. However, I have seen the Tc1x for sale on kellyco for around $280 or so.

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, it is the same manufacturer but not the same machine. Its new and improved with upgraded software, the real tree camo is a really cool added feature and if you're a fan of Duck Dynasty which most of us are, then that's even cooler! These two are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing!!!! The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.
[FONT=&quot]
TC1X Field Test Results:
[/FONT]
Hit a quarter target at 11 inches deep (flat) and 10.5 inches on its side. Also hit a dime target at a depth of 9 inches, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches.

[FONT=&quot]TC2X Field Test Results:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hit a quarter target at a depth of 11 inches[/FONT] (flat). Also hit a nickel target at over 10 inches deep, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches as well.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you guys have any more questions you can give me a shout directly or shoot me an email, thanks![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hit a quarter target at 11 inches deep (flat), and 10.5 inches on its side. Also hit a dime target at a depth of 9 inches, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches.*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hit a quarter target at 11 inches deep (flat), and 10.5 inches on its side. Also hit a dime target at a depth of 9 inches, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches.*[/FONT]

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, thanks Gene!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact they say "si robertson", suggests Jokes to me .
Sorry !, But he is not actually considered an Detectorist to me.
not even on Bill Wyman's level,
May as well say Curly Howard in my opinion.
has either one of them swung a detector ?
at least Bill understands the hobby

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very true

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It might find Duck Poop!:laughing7:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys!
Recently I've noticed that Kellyco now has some "Treasure Commander" detectors for sale. I have never used one personally (I'm quite happy with my F2) but I was just wondering: do you guys think that they'll be able to compete with the other entry level machines? They look pretty well built and it appears that they have some pretty neat features for beginner detectors, but can they perform up to par with the other entry level machines on the market?
Happy hunting!
C4C

I would almost bet your F2 will hunt circles around it!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish someone with $200.00 burning a hole in their pocket,would buy one,so we could get a review! Who knows,it might be the next greatest deal in detecting since the AT Pro came along?:dontknow: ( I really doubt it though)!:laughing7:

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Si,understands,marketing though! And that's a fact,JACK!
Si_zps0f5d3c43.jpg
:thumbsup::laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Si,understands,marketing though! And that's a fact,JACK!:thumbsup::laughing7:

Yeah, I've heard that you can buy a Si Robertson anything haha!

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish someone with $200.00 burning a hole in their pocket,would buy one,so we could get a review! Who knows,it might be the next greatest deal in detecting since the AT Pro came along?:dontknow: ( I really doubt it though)!:laughing7:

Yeah, I don't about that..

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't KNOW about that, sorry haha

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine has poor ergonomics, and is top heavy, I hear fair results from a few people, but you would be better off in my opinión with a whites Coinmaster GT with auto ground balancing and tracking. wife has one and it hits coins well and easy for her to use, Works great in mineralized soil and even has a back light. less money White quality.

Quarterdollar

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Detector(s) used
Wgiefxmx100e,garrettace250,hf9fmd,bountyhuntertracker4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the efx mx100e doesn't have the GPS but finds things my bounty hunter tracker 4 didn't love the backlight i do a lot of night hunting target identification i love I find it balenced love the gun grip wish it was water proof an should take 9volts instead of six aa batteries gota be honest i miss the auto grounding i kinda hate doing it because some places have different soil in same area in air test you can pick up a quarter it will identify as a quarter to 12 inches then go to 23 inches and Identify as a dime a gold ring ladies will ring to 10inches the identity will bounce from foil to nickel you have to get used to it like any other machine i dug two feet down just to find a brass washer read quarter depth 9 repeatable if you want to use pinpoint i recommend a ground balance before for best results some stuff like that sucks but for price it has a lot of features and works fine I've owned it for a year it's been in woods rain beach water snow still goin fine today i found a newer dollar coin every things good with it except for ground balance you have to do it every so often and the pinpoint could use a lil help definetly not top of the line but goes deep and you should dig everything anyway so you clean the area that could be masking the goods and if you don't how do you know my first metaldetector the bounty hunter junior taught me that which has been threw hell n back n it is so underrated I've found more jewelry with that than all my detectors combined although I've been in the woods looking for old stuff lately that's my take on these brand mdetectors thanx

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Guys, it is the same manufacturer but not the same machine. Its new and improved with upgraded software, the real tree camo is a really cool added feature and if you're a fan of Duck Dynasty which most of us are, then that's even cooler! These two are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing!!!! The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.
Duck Dynasty detectors are junk just like there tv show that i have never seen and plan on never watching . If you are smart you will not buy one..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread