I am not trying to open an old wound but....

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I am not trying to open an old wound but i have read a lot of the posts on the teknetics T2 and all of the bad publicity give to Bounty hunter. I would like to share my experience with the Bounty Hunter detectors. I started md'ing @ 1979 and i upgraded from the one button BH detector and 3 other models until I finally got one of their ID/Depth machines. I found a lot of coins and other stuff with them. I quit detecting for about 10 years due to several reasons but I ended up with a Garrett Treasure Ace and I was hooked again!! I ordered a Ace 250 and It was a very good machine but i wasn't finding andy silver coins at a location i knew had silver. I purchased a White's Prizm Iv with some Christmas money ( only detector available locally ) but still no silver. I thought, well if i go back to Bounty Hunter i will at least be familiar with the operation of the detector. I purchased a BH Time Ranger and I started finding more coins at my spot and on the 1st day a 1938d Merc. The next trip i only had 45 minutes for lunch...a 1943p wartime nickel. Then this last saturday i left with a 1948 roosevelt dime. I believe that every area and every one is different and what works for you may not work for the next person. I am in the process of purchasing a T2 because i like some of the features that it has, I am sure that it isn't perfect but i also believe that all detectors have drawbacks. Wish me luck with the T2 and I wish the same for all of you!!

tnredneck

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I believe the user of a machine make the most difference on finds.You have to use what you will most conformable with.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I had a Bounty Hunter many years ago, and used it for about 4 years, and though it was a good machine I wanted a newer machine.
I bought a Fisher and though it was a good detector, it wasn't to my liking. (had it 3 weeks)

I got a White's, liked it and after 16 years, just upgraded to the White's M6. This is my 5th White's. If you like Bounty Hunters, stick with them.

Do you know what it is all about?????-------Happy Hunting !!!! :) :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is all about having fun out there and maybe finding some good stuff. If BH's light our fire, good for you. Just hope you never have to have service. But then You might get lucky, some haven't been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread