Lynx and Cougar
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2007

Lynx and Cougar

Does anyone remember the Cougar and Lynx detectors and who made them. They were arround in 77 and 78 and was hoping to find one and info on them

PBK

May 2005
    230 times

Re: Lynx and Cougar

The Lynx was made by C & G Technology, c. 1976-78. There were also Bobcat and Wildcat models. "C" and "G" were Ray Crum and Jack Gifford (who later founded Tesoro).

Jan 2007

These were great machines when they came out. They were discriminators that were hard to match but lacked in depth. I still wished I had one to play with.

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    154 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

C-Scope had their own version of 'off-resonance' detector at the same time. Far better than the normal discrimination of that, even this period but as you say lacking in depth.
    You could also keep your eye out for the A.H. Pro models that worked on the same principle.
    Another case where they threw the baby out with the bathwater. Modern componants would probably cope better with the drawbacks of the system but all development seemed to stop at the same time.

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3985 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The C&G Bobcat was one of my best first detectors. Loved that machine.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Sponsored Links