Treasure Hunter Voyager Pro Metal Detector

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your planning to get one of these, reconsider. These are lucky if they can find a garbage can lid under a sheet of newspaper. Stick with the major brands, you will be better off if you ever need service too.

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspected that much! they're going for $75-90! That should tell you something!

HH Joe

Actually, for around 80.00 +/-, you could pick up a pretty capable used (sometimes new; used once or twice)Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with a DISC/ALL METAL/TONE mode switch and 8" or more depth on coin size objects that WILL ACTUALLY (DO) what the Chinese detector would BE ABLE to do if it had been built with competent technology but sadly, the Chinese make things to look good, not work good. I know. I had one of those 'Treasure Hunter' pieces of junk and it could not even detect a single coin more than a half inch away from the coil in an air test. Basically it just sat there and looked pretty. It was also malfunctioning in VLF and TR2 modes. So I sent it back to the seller on EBay and got the Bounty Hunter instead. The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV I would put up against a Garrett Ace 250 (180.00+/-), Fisher F2(199.00), Tesoro Silver uMax (299.00) as far as depth of detection and possibly some other Brands and/or models that would also be costing much more than these I just mentioned. Don't forget, much of the success in metal detecting comes from the skill of the operator and not the machine. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions