what are your opinions on the Barska BE11638 Winbest Pro Edition Metal Detector?

lookin4mula

Apr 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this and am looking to start metal detecting soon but i heard most beginners metal detectors can only scan up to 6 inches deep

is that true or does this specific model can go deeper than that? (not including wet ground) Model: Barska BE11638 Winbest Pro Edition Metal Detector

id really appreciate it if someone could tell me how deep this model can go if you know because i need to know if it will find anything at least a foot in the ground (which is how deep i think most people would bury something in a rush)

and if anyone is looking to metal detect in Richmond hill area, im new to this and could use some help

also what are your thoughts on metal detecting in Ethiopia? I've been researching and its a very historical land

Last edited:

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had one for two years...i have found over a hundred coins with mine. I can easily detect coins up to ten inches in undisturbed soil. I use disc/notch scrolled down to nickel with sensitivity on high. Great beginner detector. Don't let the elitist talk you out of it. If you want to play around with metal detecting and get some cool finds just go for it. Dig everything...some nice rings and jewelry show up as trash sometimes even on the high end machines. I've beat the crap out of mine hunting and its held up well. just yesterday in my backyard I found two old wheat pennies. 1936 and 1943. I've found both silver and gold items with ease. dont worry about the depth it has plenty. the electric line to my house is buried 18" deep encased in tubing. I can pick it up easily on all metal setting and sensitivity on high.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Never heard of this model, so I Googled it. In my opinion, I would look to Whites, Garrett, Tesoro, Minelab, and Fisher/ Bounty Hunter/ Teknetics for a beginner detector. You will receive a quality product with a good warranty and great customer service. In addition, accessory coils are available for many beginner models that expand your detector's
ability to reach depths of 12" or more on larger items. There are a few really good beginner units out there that would provide a better first time experience than the Barska model would.

WadeT

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought this detector . I just got into the hobby and couldn't see dropping $300 to $400 on a machine. I got my winbest prow for $65 on amazon and have taken it to a local lake and searched the beach and the campground. Found some chain and a few coins. I feel that for someone getting into the hobby this would be a good way to get out there and try it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread