Joke? Scam?

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In checking for new detecting-related phone apps yesterday I came upon something called "itreasurehunter", an app that uses the phone as control box for something called a detecting stick. There is a link to a demonstration video that is amazingly stupid and amateurish. There doesn't seem to be a link to get any price or spec info. The whole idea contradicts everything I think I know about search coils, physics and that kind of thing.
Is this some kind of April Fools joke that's hanging around? Or what?

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes it is garbage.

manny4tn

Aug 16, 2014
manila philipppines
Detector(s) used
itreasurehunter 3d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is very excellent 3d version that i am using here in the Philippines as a matter of fact i am recommending this products to Filipino treasure hunters you may contact me if you want to purchase and want me to send me pictures where we are able to unearth valuable from japanese treasures you may email me at [email protected] +639065176052

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well if it sounds too good to be true - IT IS! Pass.

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's garbage. iPhone or android apps that claim to be used as grams scales or metal detectors are just complete scams. Don't buy into the hype they try to create.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It's garbage. iPhone or android apps that claim to be used as grams scales or metal detectors are just complete scams. Don't buy into the hype they try to create.
All i know about them apps is what i have read..AND .. From what i have seen ..STAY AWAY from them they do not work and are scams like .. Molon Labe .. said..

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially when you see what you must allow them access to. Like GPS location, contacts list, email account, camera, and the list goes on.

Sep 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greeting sir I need your help am looking to get metal 3d metal detector underground at not less than 25 metres I dont want spend much money and something good which one you recommend for me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greeting sir I need your help am looking to get metal 3d metal detector underground at not less than 25 metres I dont want spend much money and something good which one you recommend for me.

Welcome to TreasureNet Trueman.

Sorry, there is no 3D detector that is "not much money". Your talking thousands of dollars at a minimum..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread