DRS FX 3000?.....

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They still sell a range of detectors worldwide and I thought they still had a U.S. web site. There were a few stupid posts about detecting to ten feet but this, as pointed out by the company itself, is for very large objects. In my test bed a Euro coin could be detected at 14 inches (Euro about the same size as a U.S. 5 cents but twice as thick). Medium ground mineralisation.

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems they have closed the US Dealership, as I was directed to the main plant, in Germany? Anyway, I got it for about $300.00 and have watched a few videos on it and it seems to be pretty deep (14 inches on a nickel sized target, I consider to be pretty good depth?) So, do you own one? What is your honest opinion on them, if I might ask? Any tips or pointers would also be appreciated? Any knowledge you have on it, is better than i have! All the videos are in Italian, but from what I could see, the depth was excellent? Retail is $1400.00 US, Thanks
P.S., The Website in Germany said they are very popular in the UK?

Last edited:

the libertine

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The true of DRS

WARNİNG!!! : FRAUD OF PRODUCER OF METAL DETECTORS!!!

THIS IS A WARNING!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" OR "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" IS A TURKISH PRODUCER OF METAL DETECTOR WHOSE DEVİCES ARE MANUFACTURED IN A SMALL WORKSHOP BY A GROUP OF 3 OR 4 PEOPLE. THOSE DEVICES DON’T HAVE ADJUSTMENT OF GROUND BALANCE. THIS COMPANY CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO PRESENT THE TARGETS DETECTED UNDERGROUND AS A REEL İMAGE ON SCREEN OF A TOUCH TABLET... BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE SCAMMED... AVOID PRODUCTS KNOWN AS "GROUND EXPER" AND PRODUCTED BY "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" IF YOU DON’T WANT TO REGRET AND ESPECIALLY BE DEPRIVED OF YOUR MONEY !!!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND "DRS GROUND EXPER" PRODUCTS. THE PRODUCT İS A PURE SCAM. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WAS A VICTIM OF "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" AS HAVING İNVESTED A SIGNIFICANT SUM SO I CALL ALL THE PROSPECTORS INTERESTED IN SUCH DEVICES TO BE CAREFUL TO NOT BE DECEIVED!!!
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY DON’T HAVE AN AFTER SALES SERVİCE AND ONCE THE DEVİCE WILL BE SOLD IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE AS A CUSTOMER BRAND.
I WISH TO WARN THAT MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK CONTINUED TO DEFRAUD AND MAKE A PROFIT UNFAIRLY BY TURKEY AS ALL THE WORLDWIDE THROUGH ITS MODEL "GROUND EXPER!!!"
YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST THE DEVİCE "GROUND EXPER." MY FRIEND WHO PURCHASED THIS UNIT PAID NO LESS THAN 10,000 TURKISH LIRA (€ 3500 / $ 4450). WE WISH TO INFORM EVERYONE SO THAT YOU DON’T GET TRAPPED.

Link : Drs Ground Exper Metal Dedektör Doland?r?c?l???

METAL DEDEKTÖR SAHTEKARLIĞI...DİKKAT UYARIDIR!!!
DİKKAT ÖNEMLİ UYARIDIR!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" , "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" TÜRK YAPIMI CİHAZDIR...BU CİHAZDA TOPRAK AYARI YOKTUR...SÖZDE YER ALTINDAKİ METALİ-NESNEYİ-OBJEYİ GÖRÜNTÜLÜ OLARAK TABLET BİLGİSAYAR EKRANINDA CANLI GÖSTERİYORMUŞ...AMAN SAKIN HA BU TUZAKLARA DÜŞMEYİN..."MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" YAPIMI ÜRETİMİ OLAN GROUND EXPER CİHAZINDAN UZAK DURUN...AKSİ HALDE PARANIZ BUHAR OLUR!!!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" MODEL CİHAZI TAVSİYE ETMİYORUM...BU CİHAZ YALAN DOLANDAN İBARETTİR...BENİM Bİ ARKADAŞIM MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK MAĞDURU OLDU VERDİĞİ PARA ÇÖPE GİTTİ BİLGİNİZE ARKADAŞLAR!!!

MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK "GROUND EXPER" DEDEKTÖRLE DOLANDIRMAYA DEVAM EDİYOR...DİKKAT EDİN UYARIYORUM.
MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK "GROUND EXPER" PULSE SİSTEM DEDEKTÖRLE TÜRKİYE VE DÜNYADA DOLANDIRMAYA HAKSIZ ADALETSİZ KAZANÇ ELDE ETMEYE DEVAM EDİYOR!!!

MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK ÜLKEMİZİN İMAJINI VE GÜVENİLİRLİĞİNİ TÜM DÜNYADA ZEDELEMEYE DEVAM EDİYOR!!!

GROUND EXPER CİHAZINA KESİNLİKLE İTİBAR ETMEYİN...ARKADAŞIM MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK YAPIMI OLAN GROUND EXPER SATIN ALDI TAM 10.000 TL PARASI BOŞA GİTTİ...BİZ YANDIK BARİ SİZ YANMAYIN...MAKSEL ELEKTRONİĞİ ALLAHA HAVALE EDİYORUZ...HAKKIMIZI HELAL ETMİYORUZ!!!

AŞAĞIDAKİ LİNK "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" YAPIMI OLAN "GROUND EXPER" PULSE SİSTEM DEDEKTÖR DOLANDIRICILIĞI HAKKINDA BİLGİLER İÇERMEKTEDİR LİNKE TIKLAYARAK İNCELEYEBİLİRSİNİZ...KARDEŞ VE DOST TAVSİYESİDİR "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK"TEN UZAK DURUN HUZURUNUZ MUTLULUĞUNUZ İÇİN...SAYGILARIMLA...İBRAHİM ATMACA...ERZURUM.

Samsam

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

How can u help us prove that the Drs Electronics are a turkish company that are scammers?

Can you share any evidence or links or anything?
Help others before its too late

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this metal detector (DRS 3000) for next to nothing, because the Company selling it, knew nothing about it, including how to operate it. They said it would not work, but after charging the battery and fooling around with it, a bit, I got it working perfectly, as I figured I could.And although the smaller coil is defective, the larger double D coil, works just fine for me?
What is your complaint? What Turkish Company? It was made in GERMANY??? And when I called Germany, he spoke with a German accent? Seems to work fine for me and is as deep, or deeper than any of the detectors I own? If you own one, explain to me, what is not working on it? You are a "new member". You have experience on operating a detector? How long/how many? I own currently 17 detectors, been detecting for over 40 years. The build on the DRS, seems to be very good. Very nice cords going from the battery box to the head unit, in fact, the best I've ever seen? Heavy duty connectors/cords! Battery box is very clean and well built. Head unit is well built/clean. Rods are all comparable to any I currently own? Ground balance (auto) works fine, disc. works fine? All controls functional?
Air testing online, was a bit deeper than mine will go, but it is still comparable to my other machines, sometimes deeper than my other machines? Have not had it in the field, but in my test garden, performed excellent and on a par with my other detectors? Unfortunately, I do have fairly magnetic soil (volcanic) and some EMI issues, in my backyard. I will do some actual testing, this spring.
They were in Germany, as I said, I called them there, about one year, or longer ago? I know they closed their Facility here, but I was able to get a referral from them to the main plant in Germany, so both did still answer their phones, last time I called? I understood they were also on Treasurenet, as a Vendor, for awhile? maybe they have information for you? If you have complaints, I would like to know what they are? Did you buy one of the more expensive units from them and have some problems?
I will help you in any way I can, but won't badmouth them, because my unit works fine, except for the smaller coil and because of that fact, I also won't be a party to any Lawsuits brought against them and if they are out of business now and/or bought by another Turkish Company? You will have to deal with the new company anyway, which leaves me out of the mix? But still, wish you all good luck, Big Red

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, did not scroll to the top of the page, so missed all the negative comments from libertine?and the German babble (warnings?:dontknow:) below that? I remember reading about this "Ground Exclusion Balance" unit, I think it was called? After I bought mine, it was a bit too much bullshit for me, so never did inquire about it? All I can tell you is my DRS 3000 works fine, as it should and no complaints here. Always remember, when dealing with "UNKNOWN FOREIGN COMPANIES"?.....IT'S ALWAYS: "BUYER BEWARE BECAUSE THEY MAY NOT BE FAIR!!!

Last edited:

Samsam

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Big Red

I asked my question above, because I did my research for the best 2 box detector in the world....and the DRS Ground exper seemed it,...and with a largest price tag too..$7,500 all inc, even local custom taxes....and including a 2mx2m deep search coil.
So only after I paid, and only bc of their slow response rate at DRS electonics in Germany, did I stummble upon the turkish mambo jumbo written above by "the lebertine".
For a few days I thought I got scammed, because after a week from my wire transfer, noone was replying to my followup emails, and all their phonelines are either out of service or noone replies..
To make things worse, my German friends told me that the area their company is located in Germany is crowded with turkish expats renowned for their misbehavior....and the last guy who answered my call was named Eliak (turkish)!
Zero activity on facebook....and none of employees were proud to be on facebook....Damn! I thought I got ripped off!
Employees in other metal detecting companies gave different info that maybe there is a family link (not definate), between the owners of DRS electronics and another Turkish company....which is possible.
Anyways, A few days later, and after a go nutcase by email and phone, a Patrick calls me from Germany and apologizes and informs me that a snowstorm closed most of the business in thier area....and a week later they sent me the tracking number (wrong one the first time too).
Anyways, after 22 days from my payment that did it arrive today to the airport and will need a few days to get it from the customs.....so ill be giving my review soon.
So I hope "the libertine" can give some evidence to his claim, otherwise you will have to wait for my review of the device.

Its important to feel u have German technology in your hands, but if it turns out to be Turkish its not a drama for me, because at the end of the day I only care for the results which should be deep, discriminating, and real imaging.

Btw....big Red....what other than on hand experience helps you to become a more skilled metal detector?

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you finally got this straightened out! Hopefully your new detector will arrive, in a few days? Hope so! I bought a Russian metal detector, that took over 30 days to arrive, so I do understand your frustration? But, I had good, reliable information on the seller and on the company that makes it and it was only a few hundred dollars, not $7500? I sure hope it is as good as you think it is, for that huge sum?
I don't have any animosity toward Turkish Manufacturers, but my personal preference, would be using a Company a little closer to home and a name brand, like Minelab, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, etc., etc. I bought the DRS because it was a great deal on a detector that retailed for $1300-$1400. Got it for $300, but now I am also faced with the cost of shipping it back to Germany, if any repairs are needed and that will also be the source of any accessories, I might like to buy in the future for it? Not so great there, know what I mean?.....
Please let us know when you finally do receive it and please, yes, do some testing on it and post them here? I believe there were some "field tests" on facebook, if memory serves me correctly? You might want to google it too? I do agree with you that "on hand experience" does serve one well at becoming a better metal detectorist, that and good through research, when searching and considering a large purchase? I only question the cost, in this instance? Hopefully it will serve you well and for a long, long, time! Let us know when it arrives and good luck to you friend!
What you are looking for must be deep? Sounds like this detector will go pretty far down. What is it Treasure? Gold bars? Curious minds want to know?.....

Last edited:

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any update on your DRS GroundExper findings? Was it worth the price?

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WARNİNG!!! : FRAUD OF PRODUCER OF METAL DETECTORS!!!

THIS IS A WARNING!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" OR "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" IS A TURKISH PRODUCER OF METAL DETECTOR WHOSE DEVİCES ARE MANUFACTURED IN A SMALL WORKSHOP BY A GROUP OF 3 OR 4 PEOPLE. THOSE DEVICES DON’T HAVE ADJUSTMENT OF GROUND BALANCE. THIS COMPANY CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO PRESENT THE TARGETS DETECTED UNDERGROUND AS A REEL İMAGE ON SCREEN OF A TOUCH TABLET... BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE SCAMMED... AVOID PRODUCTS KNOWN AS "GROUND EXPER" AND PRODUCTED BY "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" IF YOU DON’T WANT TO REGRET AND ESPECIALLY BE DEPRIVED OF YOUR MONEY !!!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND "DRS GROUND EXPER" PRODUCTS. THE PRODUCT İS A PURE SCAM. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WAS A VICTIM OF "MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK" AS HAVING İNVESTED A SIGNIFICANT SUM SO I CALL ALL THE PROSPECTORS INTERESTED IN SUCH DEVICES TO BE CAREFUL TO NOT BE DECEIVED!!!
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY DON’T HAVE AN AFTER SALES SERVİCE AND ONCE THE DEVİCE WILL BE SOLD IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE AS A CUSTOMER BRAND.
I WISH TO WARN THAT MAKSEL ELEKTRONIK CONTINUED TO DEFRAUD AND MAKE A PROFIT UNFAIRLY BY TURKEY AS ALL THE WORLDWIDE THROUGH ITS MODEL "GROUND EXPER!!!"
YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST THE DEVİCE "GROUND EXPER." MY FRIEND WHO PURCHASED THIS UNIT PAID NO LESS THAN 10,000 TURKISH LIRA (€ 3500 / $ 4450). WE WISH TO INFORM EVERYONE SO THAT YOU DON’T GET TRAPPED.

Link : Drs Ground Exper Metal Dedektör Doland?r?c?l???

METAL DEDEKTÖR SAHTEKARLIĞI...DİKKAT UYARIDIR!!!
DİKKAT ÖNEMLİ UYARIDIR!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" , "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" TÜRK YAPIMI CİHAZDIR...BU CİHAZDA TOPRAK AYARI YOKTUR...SÖZDE YER ALTINDAKİ METALİ-NESNEYİ-OBJEYİ GÖRÜNTÜLÜ OLARAK TABLET BİLGİSAYAR EKRANINDA CANLI GÖSTERİYORMUŞ...AMAN SAKIN HA BU TUZAKLARA DÜŞMEYİN..."MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" YAPIMI ÜRETİMİ OLAN GROUND EXPER CİHAZINDAN UZAK DURUN...AKSİ HALDE PARANIZ BUHAR OLUR!!!

"DRS GROUND EXPER" MODEL CİHAZI TAVSİYE ETMİYORUM...BU CİHAZ YALAN DOLANDAN İBARETTİR...BENİM Bİ ARKADAŞIM MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK MAĞDURU OLDU VERDİĞİ PARA ÇÖPE GİTTİ BİLGİNİZE ARKADAŞLAR!!!

MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK "GROUND EXPER" DEDEKTÖRLE DOLANDIRMAYA DEVAM EDİYOR...DİKKAT EDİN UYARIYORUM.
MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK "GROUND EXPER" PULSE SİSTEM DEDEKTÖRLE TÜRKİYE VE DÜNYADA DOLANDIRMAYA HAKSIZ ADALETSİZ KAZANÇ ELDE ETMEYE DEVAM EDİYOR!!!

MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK ÜLKEMİZİN İMAJINI VE GÜVENİLİRLİĞİNİ TÜM DÜNYADA ZEDELEMEYE DEVAM EDİYOR!!!

GROUND EXPER CİHAZINA KESİNLİKLE İTİBAR ETMEYİN...ARKADAŞIM MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK YAPIMI OLAN GROUND EXPER SATIN ALDI TAM 10.000 TL PARASI BOŞA GİTTİ...BİZ YANDIK BARİ SİZ YANMAYIN...MAKSEL ELEKTRONİĞİ ALLAHA HAVALE EDİYORUZ...HAKKIMIZI HELAL ETMİYORUZ!!!

AŞAĞIDAKİ LİNK "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK" YAPIMI OLAN "GROUND EXPER" PULSE SİSTEM DEDEKTÖR DOLANDIRICILIĞI HAKKINDA BİLGİLER İÇERMEKTEDİR LİNKE TIKLAYARAK İNCELEYEBİLİRSİNİZ...KARDEŞ VE DOST TAVSİYESİDİR "MAKSEL ELEKTRONİK"TEN UZAK DURUN HUZURUNUZ MUTLULUĞUNUZ İÇİN...SAYGILARIMLA...İBRAHİM ATMACA...ERZURUM.

Yes it's true from my understanding that the owner/designer of the Exper split from Nokta and moved to Germany and started his own company. What part of this is a "rip off" The fact he is Turkish doing business in Germany or that the Exper is not a good unit? Let's hear more IF you have anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread