tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in December I bought this for my nephew for Christmas, he is almost 15. It was a quick purchase before I had any time to research. Afterwards I bought my Ace 250 and love it. He hasnt had a chance to get out yet with it, and I am worried that I bought the wrong thing. If its bad, or not as good as my ace 250, I will give him mine because I think that is a good machine for him? Any suggestions?

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/MP3/mpx-info.htm

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple folks on here sent them back and got an ace
if you want mid range $ try tesoro no target ID screen to distract you
maybe give him the ace then move up a notch you gettin skills
sorry little convoluted follow me

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The screen doesnt distract me. I love the bell sound that the Ace 250 makes when you find a coin. Thats what I know my nephew will love.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleive the MP series is Chinese made. I sent one back when my cheapie old BH outperformed it. Wound up with an ACE. Monty

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
good thing you returned it. I bought one in December when I went to Tenn for Christmas. I bought it on a whim to have something to hunt with there. I only got to use it there twice and only found a dime and a quarter with it. I found that it kept giving false 50 Cent signals even if it was swinging in the air. The battery compartment would not accept heavy duty rechargeable 9 volt nickel metal battery's, I bought from radio shack. they were too thick to fit in the compartment. The volume on mine is so loud that even with head phones it can be heard several feet away. Since returning to California, I have found clad with it but nothing else and with the constant false signals I have given up on it and now stick with my other detectors. I wish I had returned it but it was too late. I recommend that anyone thinking of buying this detect pass. There are machines out there which work much better and are of better quality. Just my opinion. Ted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread