Metal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

good evening!i picked up what appears to be a very old metal detector at an estate auction.its a wilson neuman daytona.it actually works or seems to anyway.there is no literature with this.any help would be greatly appreciated!

That was a short-lived brand. Went out of business many years ago. I think they were manufactured in the 1980s & 90s. Not very deep seeking. But they did the job. If you have a site with prolific easy targets, it'll work for you. But no, you're not going to be competitive going up against today's machines, in areas hard-worked by others. And no, it has no collectible value, as it's not old enough to be "vintage". Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

OP
OP
N

New Player

Dec 1, 2014
pittsburgh pa
Detector(s) used
wilson-neuman daytona
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well thanks tom for the info!the detector was actually a perk if u want to call it that!it was included with items i purchased.i didnt know it was there until i unpacked everything!now if i could bore u for a min.....i've never done the treasure hunting gig before but thought i would give it a try.i figured since this item seems to work i would give it a try to see if i actually liked the hobby!(not much time to treasure hunt with my schedule).in the event i get lucky and dig up sum stuff,i may look into a more recent machine!for now,its just an idea!
thanks again for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread