Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only seen one review for this machine, looks like it uses the Fisher 1280X circuit, its low frequency with much improved electronics and DSP. I don't know how it performs in salt water sand as far as depth. I know its a single frequency VLF machine. I always wonder if recent digital developments in software and hardware have allowed such machines to see through the fog of Natrium and Chlorine. It would be great if a single frequency VLF machine could see a coin 11-12 inches beneath the salty sand and not go crazy. So much power in a compact package! I'm also patiently waiting for an unbiased well performed test on this machine on a very high salinity beach.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out Fletch

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty amazing for single single freq machine to run that well. I don't know if DP still offers the 12" coil on the UW. I was thinking more of the 8" for snorkeling and diving anyway. It's rare that you're going to be able to dig with handsa and fanning more than 7-10 inches anyway and the 8" coil is more maneuverable. I know DP had some horror stories with some of the first Pi units that were used for diving. I think they have the UW built much better to withstand diving depths. What I have in mind to dive is 90% freshwater and less than 60'. I actually traded my Omega for a 8" Tiger since starting this post and I know they are tough as nails and proven to hit small gold better than Cz and excal in freshwater.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty amazing for single single freq machine to run that well. I don't know if DP still offers the 12" coil on the UW. I was thinking more of the 8" for snorkeling and diving anyway. It's rare that you're going to be able to dig with handsa and fanning more than 7-10 inches anyway and the 8" coil is more maneuverable. I know DP had some horror stories with some of the first Pi units that were used for diving. I think they have the UW built much better to withstand diving depths. What I have in mind to dive is 90% freshwater and less than 60'. I actually traded my Omega for a 8" Tiger since starting this post and I know they are tough as nails and proven to hit small gold better than Cz and excal in freshwater.

Sounds like you are perfectly set Fletch, i can see the allure of the Detector Pro Underwater unit. Can that lithium ion battery even be changed after it degrades after a year or two of hard use without paying hundreds to have it removed from the water tight case? I love the ruggedness of the Sand Shark/ TS and the CZ-20/21 units but the weight can be a bear. I lift 4 times a week and im fairly strong, but after 7 hours of swinging that cz-20 i wanna fling it into the ocean lol, i don't like to hipmount , this stresses the coil cable and connectors quite a bit. I might snag up one of those UW units when more reviews surface, hopefully they can make one with a 10" coil that can go down 10" in wet sand.

soilsifter

Greenie
Jun 11, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
DFX w/ Detech 13in ultimate and 6in excelerator coils, Sunray DX-1 probe.

AT Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video comparison, I was having problems w/ the audio or was there non. I am interested in the detector pro underwater. It would have been nice to hear the machines responses.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another one that you can hear the audio somewhat. It seems like the perfect scuba/ snorkeling travel machine. I also spoke with Gary at DetectorPro and enjoyed talking directly with the person who runs the day to day bussiness. They make good products all the way around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:
I love this machine for diving in freshwater. Haven't scored any gold yet but only because I haven't put the coil over any! Machine is very easy to use for diving and snorkeling. Have not had a chance to try it in saltwater yet but will be soon I hope!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567468.048903.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567483.648880.jpg

Dancer

Dec 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So 6 years later, Dancer buys a Headhunter Pirate Pro. For wet sand & wading on the Gulf shore. Vlf so was crossing my fingers. Bought it as a backup, but soon put my trusty away. Mine has the splash proof phones and 8" coil. Had a great time being able to hunt longer and further down the beach. Scored a 14K pendant, a Silver hoop Earring, 444 coins worth little over $28. Depth was down to say 6" or so. Hard to tell can I tried to keep hunting on hard sand. All this in February 2019. Looking into a HH Pirate Pro with the 12" coil.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's an old thread, but I love the HH UW, since day one. Easy to learn and use. Deepest coin so far was a buffalo nickel around 10-12 inches in fresh water. Chatters once in a while, but no difference fresh or salt water.
Have only found 3 gold rings and maybe a dozen silvers so far, but all sounded off strong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread