Hmm... XP Deus or Etrac?

JPrice

Jan 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I was thinking about upgrading from my 705 if I win big in Vegas in 2 weeks *fingers crossed* and was wondering what everyone thought would be the better machine? I'm in Utah, USA and the places here that I usually detect are pretty trashy. Old and LOTS of iron. I've seen videos that show the recovery time of both machines, and the XP wins every time. I really like the 99 tones on the Minelabs, and am generally a Minelab fan over everything else. I haven't used an XP however, so I only know what I've seen on Youtube. I can get an Etrac for around 1200 bucks, and the XP I want is around 1500. So while it's not that far off, the price isn't really in the exact same ballpark unless I'm buying both brand new, then they're pretty close I guess. Anyway, just seeing what everyone thinks.

HH

Jon

Quarterdollar

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Detector(s) used
Wgiefxmx100e,garrettace250,hf9fmd,bountyhuntertracker4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there the only 2 you have considered for hunting in heavy iron? The Racer is due out very soon and about half the price. The Nokta Fors CoRe is the best value machine out there for iron since they had a huge price slash. These 2 machines have almost identical electronics and are built by sister company, in case you haven't heard.

Last edited:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my book, speed always wins over depth. I had an E-Trac, and I did love it even though it was heavy and slow. I liked the accurate ID at depth, and the tones were decent. Ultimately I sold it in favor of a Deus, because I was impressed with the technology. I have to think that most desirable targets have remained hidden because they are among trash, not because they happen to be an inch deeper than the range of any previous detector. On top of its speed, I am impressed by XP's dedication to support the Deus with new software for free. V4.0 is due out this summer. It's ability to gain new functionality from the same detector is a huge advantage over everything else on the market.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a video to back what fletch is saying....

OP
OP
J

JPrice

Jan 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn lol. Good video though.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn lol. Good video though.

I know he does....but he knows alot about detecting and he owns like every machine made i beleive. He had a racer before anyone else.....idk how he managed to get one that quick.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just proper Georgeonian English. Lol!

Last edited:

skarmajunga

Feb 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Fisher F75
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ7A Pro
So did you get a new machine?

OP
OP