Gold finder 2

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does it matter? Can't you see stolen ideas? Did China just accidentally make the same looking detector? Or would you agree that since FTP is making lots of sales of their designs, China wants to (illegally) jump on their bandwagon?
I bet that you buy from countless Japanese and Korean companies today that copied designs in the past and still do to some extent. Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The tech world is full of lawsuits of intentional and unintentional design patent infringement. It would be hard to find a single company to buy from who has a clean record. I am not against similar designs, nor am I against my local supermarkets marketing countless products like the Brand Leaders, gently coaxing the hapless customer into the arms of counterfeit food and drink.

I think there's only so much you can do with an ugly box on a stick. Personally I don't see any issues with cloning the LCD or look of a popular model, though I'm sure the designers would think different. What I have issues with is real engineering work being cloned and brands being copied (passing off one thing for another).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated if you want to but counterfeit detectors, its your business its your money ....... Just can't post any info on where to buy or prices.....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet that you buy from countless Japanese and Korean companies today that copied designs in the past and still do to some extent. Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The tech world is full of lawsuits of intentional and unintentional design patent infringement. It would be hard to find a single company to buy from who has a clean record. I am not against similar designs, nor am I against my local supermarkets marketing countless products like the Brand Leaders, gently coaxing the hapless customer into the arms of counterfeit food and drink.

I think there's only so much you can do with an ugly box on a stick. Personally I don't see any issues with cloning the LCD or look of a popular model, though I'm sure the designers would think different. What I have issues with is real engineering work being cloned and brands being copied (passing off one thing for another).

And that's just one view. My view is that purchasing from someone who steals ideas and markets them promotes such actions as stealing. If nobody bought hot (stolen) items thieves would be out of a job. But there will always be the narcissists that don't care if they cheat or steal as long as it benefits them. I just want my epitaph to be that "I" left this world a little better than I found it. Some could care less.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepclaw post deleted for politics, please keep politics out of all forums except our politics forum under charter members

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's just one view. My view is that purchasing from someone who steals ideas and markets them promotes such actions as stealing.
A look-alike design isn't theft, in my opinion. Claiming something is some brand when it isn't is different.
If nobody bought hot (stolen) items thieves would be out of a job.
There are countless jobs in existence today based on not only theft but a lot worse. No 'honest' man can escape supporting crooks or benefiting from the activities of crooks - on some level. Apparently I can't talk about specifics without the thread being labelled 'politics'. I thought I made a good write-up and good conclusion too. I really should save my work.

But there will always be the narcissists that don't care if they cheat or steal as long as it benefits them. I just want my epitaph to be that "I" left this world a little better than I found it. Some could care less.
apparently I can't even hint at a proper discussion on this point without the thread getting deleted, but suffice to say, the 'Average Honest Man' does a lot to support the crooked while thinking that he has done the world good. That's the extent of propaganda and "if-I-didn't-see it-it-didn't-happen" thinking going on today. If that is too vague, I can always elaborate in a private message.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A look-alike design isn't theft, in my opinion. Claiming something is some brand when it isn't is different.

There are countless jobs in existence today based on not only theft but a lot worse. No 'honest' man can escape supporting crooks or benefiting from the activities of crooks - on some level. Apparently I can't talk about specifics without the thread being labelled 'politics'. I thought I made a good write-up and good conclusion too. I really should save my work.

apparently I can't even hint at a proper discussion on this point without the thread getting deleted, but suffice to say, the 'Average Honest Man' does a lot to support the crooked while thinking that he has done the world good. That's the extent of propaganda and "if-I-didn't-see it-it-didn't-happen" thinking going on today. If that is too vague, I can always elaborate in a private message.

:icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepclaw, YOU made it political when YOU brought in your attack on government employees that had nothing to do with thread..

I'm not editing posts, when a post violates rules it is deleted. If you had left your statement about gov employees out of post it wouldn't have been deleted.

Per our rules...

"We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Become a Charter Member. I love a good debate. Our political threads are civil, and respectable.

I know what you're trying to say, deepclaw. But I know that FTP has been fighting worldwide copyright and patent issues and have won in many countries.`China isn't one of those countries. Read this letter from the Teknetics site:

http://www.tekneticst2.com/Press Release Dubai Counterfeit Raid -- 06Oct2013.pdf

or

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-texas-products-again-successful-183400565.html

I respect FTP for fighting the good fight. I do not respect Jun Hong or their ethics.

And even Minelab in your neck of the woods (unless you are in Melbourne, Fla) is going through the same thing.

Minelab expose US$1.6m counterfeit metal detector operation in Dubai | Minelab News

Every article has "China based manufacturer". So if you want to side with the Africans, go ahead. I support the FTP side.

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phantasman, those were good links. As I said above, I am not opposed to similar designs, as long as they are not making themselves to be something they aren't. If they are saying This is Brand X when it's really Brand Y, that's simply wrong & anyone that sells or distributes or manufactures that type of stuff needs to be shut down.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phantasman, those were good links. As I said above, I am not opposed to similar designs, as long as they are not making themselves to be something they aren't. If they are saying This is Brand X when it's really Brand Y, that's simply wrong & anyone that sells or distributes or manufactures that type of stuff needs to be shut down.

Look again at post #20. The Teknetics G2's image on the screen isn't even changed for the GoldFinder. If they resort to photo shopping the image onto their own manufactured device, they have "stolen" the image to make one think it is theirs when it isn't. If you worked hundreds of hours on a new idea yourself, set up a standard of how you want it to work, and sold it expecting a reward for your long hard efforts, maybe you wouldn't care if someone took your ideas and sold the exact same thing for half the price. Took your pictures of the product and put their name on it. With the intent of saying "why buy deepclaws device when you can have the same thing in ours at half the price".

Maybe you wouldn't care and would say "hmm, after weeks, months of work, I don't care if they tapped into my ideas, and people are buying their product instead of mine". There are those that do not see it that way, and I'm one of them.

OroBuscador

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent you a pm.. ask for a discount, I paid 150$ not the 180 they quote. 50$ or so for freight to Canada shipping was fast with a tracking #

I too am looking to the GF2 from Junhong Electronic. Is it a counterfeit or not? And if not, would you please PM me the name of a dealer? I too live in Canada. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Sorry guys took a enforced vacation from the forum. The detector is indeed a counterfeit T2 with a poor quality coil and heavy sloppy shaft. Total waste of money don't bother.

OroBuscador

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys took a enforced vacation from the forum. The detector is indeed a counterfeit T2 with a poor quality coil and heavy sloppy shaft. Total waste of money don't bother.

Kamorle,

Thank you a lot for your clear answer. Leaves no doubt.

Much appreciated. Let me buy you a :coffee2:

OroB

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah right... The average person who doesnt know any better would not know the difference

And the Gold2 and F75 is just a fluke, the Sand Shark logo just another fluke..

As I said if members want to buy counterfeit detectors that is their business as long as links are not posted....

Perhaps the US manufacturers should not look at getting their stuff made in China so it makes it just a little harder for the Chinese to emulate what they have been handed & are you aware that China is NOT bound by copyright laws?

Hence if I worked in that same system I certainly would be copying and improving on other manufacturers designs

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated if you want to but counterfeit detectors, its your business its your money ....... Just can't post any info on where to buy or prices.....

How do you know its counterfeit? - The GF2 that is - According to the manufacturer if you purchase 100+ units you can get any name you want on it i.e GoldFinder2 - Viking - Teknetics etc

Now take a Ukraine First Texas Distributor who orders 100+ units from China - They recieve the control housing and 'S' shaft complete - Then fit them with FT upper & lower shafts and put a MD Mars coil on it and sell them in direct competiton with the Teknetics T2 & Fisher F75 of which they also sell - First Texas know of this situation but have NOT done anything about it as they are still the FT Distributor in the Ukraine...............so really one has to ponder where they really are made -
The original T2's that is -

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The GoldFinder2 metal detectors I have used are NOT couterfeits as they are GoldFinder2 metal detectors - The fake T2's made by other Chinese manufacturers are counterfeits - As for the GF2 being a waste of time, thats rubbish unless you got a lemon - The last three I got in were workshop & field tested against an original T2 and there were no differences at all in performance or looks -Now if you dont want the performance of a T2 for $150 then I suppose its not for you -

Finally you do realise that if you contact the manufacturer where you got it from they will help rectify your problems - They are very good with their support

The only reason I get these in NZ is NOT the price, its the availability as we cannot buy the Teknetics T2 from the US direct we have no alternative but to purchase from countries that do ship worldwide - Dumb move by the US manufacturers to be honest......

Please keep us posted on whether you get those issues resolved

Last edited:

Mark_Hammett

May 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been offered one of these in good used condition for £150 Is that about the going rate would you say? Also is it a good one for a beginner?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread