Gold finder 2

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered this detector, the reviews show it to be capable.. anyone actually swing one?

Yep - I have been using them for almost 3 years - when they first came out they looked 100% like a T2 apart from the name however only performed to 80% of the T2 -

Now I can verify that they are testing the same as the original T2's and if there is any fault with the unit at all (and its very minor) is the upper shaft where it goes into the 'S' shaft could do with being a little tighter -

I am currently working with the company to resolve that issue -

They are certainly a great buy for the money especially now that you can purchase them via paypal -

They also have great after sales service so if you break a part they will send you the replacement without you having to send the entire unit back -

I keep one for me and have another for a loaner -

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks It does help ;-) I will still use my AT gold as main machine just wanted something cheep and easy for the beach. Good to know I didn't waste 200 bucks.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks It does help ;-) I will still use my AT gold as main machine just wanted something cheep and easy for the beach. Good to know I didn't waste 200 bucks.

I am sure you will like it and it will keep up easily with your AT Gold - A great choice for a backup so well done -

Please let me know your impressions of it when you get it -

Cheers

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any suggestions for where to source a Gold Finder 2? Not sure what's up but the ebay search gods are not on my side today.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember only supporting vendor names can be posted in forums...

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Any suggestions for where to source a Gold Finder 2? Not sure what's up but the ebay search gods are not on my side today.

Sent you a pm.. ask for a discount, I paid 150$ not the 180 they quote. 50$ or so for freight to Canada shipping was fast with a tracking #

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's this about supporting vendors? Do they pay this site money and receive dedicated forum trolls?

I highly suggest you back off on the "forum troll" name calling.

Only supporting vendors are allowed to be posted in open forums, charter members are also allowed to sell, what members do via PMs is their business as long as no members object to a PM they received.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Considering that Jun Hong steals others ideas and replicates them in China (unlawful in most of the free world), I could not morally own a T2/F75 or Gold Bug II knock off manufactured by unethical thieves.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chinese counterfeit
35dd225518e5e570cfcdcfe93bc2d70d.jpg

Fisher F75
bf0bc4a58f6744a801fec7e420a2c7ce.jpg

Look at the design, look at the arm cuff end on both, look at the control unit.

Tesoro Sand Shark logo
9af63922be567645d8870de92ce2f3c3.jpg

Chinese counterfeit Sand Shark logo
74de4a4770828a0165f08bff6db20fc2.jpg

Garrett 250
4e573ded042a28fdae955bffd1704938.jpg

Chinese counterfeit
0559554049cf1f793ef698fa6fed6f58.jpg

Do you think it is just a fluke they look almost identical, design and color....

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think it is just a fluke they look almost identical, design and color....
No. It's common to see similar designs. My local supermarkets have similar packaging of its own brands to the "name brands" too. I don't think that is a fluke either. But are the internals cloned or different?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. It's common to see similar designs. My local supermarkets have similar packaging of its own brands to the "name brands" too. I don't think that is a fluke either. But are the internals cloned or different?
LOL, right....

They are made to look exactly like top manufacturer's detectors, we are not talking cereal boxes... Show me another manufacturer that cloned the look of Garrett 150/250/350

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, right....

They are made to look exactly like top manufacturer's detectors, we are not talking cereal boxes... Show me another manufacturer that cloned the look of Garrett 150/250/350
exactly like is an exaggeration; the Garrett-like "chinese counterfeit" you showed above has a similar design and colour scheme to the Garrett shown above it; not identical. Just like my local supermarkets and their boxes emulating the colour scheme and designs of popular brands. I wonder about the internals.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exactly like is an exaggeration; the Garrett-like "chinese counterfeit" you showed above has a similar design and colour scheme to the Garrett shown above it; not identical. Just like my local supermarkets and their boxes emulating the colour scheme and designs of popular brands. I wonder about the internals.
Yeah right... The average person who doesnt know any better would not know the difference

And the Gold2 and F75 is just a fluke, the Sand Shark logo just another fluke..

As I said if members want to buy counterfeit detectors that is their business as long as links are not posted....

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah right... The average person who doesnt know any better would not know the difference
And the Gold2 and F75 is just a fluke, the Sand Shark logo just another fluke..
You specifically mentioned Garrett and "look exactly like", so I simply pointed out that the Garrett 'counterfeit' shown above isn't designed to look exactly like it, but it does look similar. People that don't know better (and even people that do) tend to like familiarity. The Garrett has a fairly unique colour scheme and look. Personally I have no problems with similar designs like the Garrett 'counterfeit' above.

As I said if members want to buy counterfeit detectors that is their business as long as links are not posted....
I am not posting links, but I want to know more about these Chinese machines. I think it's inevitable that one day we'll see Chinese manufacturers gain far more respect with the masses as long as they are given a fair assessment of their capabilities by objective reviewers and owners of their gear. Then again their metal detectors could be crap across-the-board. With that said, I have bought a Minelab as a 'reference point' and will probably buy a Chinese 'look-alike' as a second model, to see how it goes once I get my head around the Minelab. I think the prices of these things are a bit insane for what you get, but that could be my complete ignorance about what is involved in making one. They don't strike me as highly complex devices though. It's more than a little odd that the US manufacturers still rule the market here. How much of that is technology and how much of that is marketing, I wonder?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new Minelab GPZ 7000 cost $10,000,000 just to engineer and develop before the first one was ever sold. It cost money just to develops a product.

If China develops their on detectors maybe they will be good detectors, but I'm not buying a counterfeit detector from any country....

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kamorle, thanks for the tip!
Phantasman, are the internals 100% cloned?

p_20141110113741157.jpg G2facePlate-300.jpg

p_20141107120042227.jpg T2ltd-FACEPLATE.jpg

What does it matter? Can't you see stolen ideas? Did China just accidentally make the same looking detector? Or would you agree that since FTP is making lots of sales of their designs, China wants to (illegally) jump on their bandwagon? Jun Hongs little cheap detector have a bad reputation for effectively competing with American/Austalian made detectors. So just steal the glory if you want it. There are plenty of people with no scruples that will purchase stolen stuff at a rock bottom discount.

If China clearly replicates the outside that you "can" see, what would stop them from replicating the internals that you "can't" see?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread