Lorenz Z1 / X5 experiences

radio amateur

Jun 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorenz Z1 experiences:

I use the Lorenz Z1 for 2 months in addition to my CTX3030 and Deus (3 years) in Germany.
Here my first impressions from Z1 with 35cm DD coil:

- It can find a 15mm silver coin in 25cm but actually ground adjustment is absolutely necessary
- soil with low trash is important
- Search speed is surprising high for PI
- but time spend for controlling fe / non fe with horizontal movement over the target
- level of conductance (target ID) sometimes not appear on display (too low signal strength ?)
- I cannot find any practically experiences or tips from Lorenz Z1 or X5 users in forums
- The main issue - when I should dig up the target in dependency from ID ( only non Fe i.e. little coins or big iron finds) also the correct adjustments for max. achievements

I’m looking for any comments and additions so we can exchange for more informations.

Alex-gold

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Lorenz Z1 experiences:

I use the Lorenz Z1 for 2 months in addition to my CTX3030 and Deus (3 years) in Germany.
Here my first impressions from Z1 with 35cm DD coil:

- It can find a 15mm silver coin in 25cm but actually ground adjustment is absolutely necessary
- soil with low trash is important
- Search speed is surprising high for PI
- but time spend for controlling fe / non fe with horizontal movement over the target
- level of conductance (target ID) sometimes not appear on display (too low signal strength ?)
- I cannot find any practically experiences or tips from Lorenz Z1 or X5 users in forums
- The main issue - when I should dig up the target in dependency from ID ( only non Fe i.e. little coins or big iron finds) also the correct adjustments for max. achievements

I’m looking for any comments and additions so we can exchange for more informations.

Hi!

I am looking information about Lorenz Z1 too.
One my familiar has own Lorenz Z1 for one year. He uses 1 x 1 m frame with GPS navigation and software.
He says: Using coils on Z1 it is - "utopia". He prefers to use GPX 5000 for small items.
I have not any possibility to know more information from him, because he is busy every time.
He also like using universal cable 8-12m to making own big frame - coil.

Z1 and X5 has too difference like possibility to connect GPS and sensitivity.
I want to buy Z1 too, but no information about that product - It casts doubt on the correctness of the purchase.
Also I am interested how works deep detecting of Z1 with frame 1x1m.
Salespeople does not know information, only such like in brochure. The manufacturer does not answers on questions, and says: "Try to ask dealers".
I want to watch normal Lorenz Z1 overview from manufacturer how made it Minelab. Isn't it? :)

OP
OP
R

radio amateur

Jun 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Alex-gold !

I'm busy at the moment. I give you more information next time with my homemade frame 0.67m with 8m cable-coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread