Deteknix offers the new Quest in 3 hunting styles.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Why is the Quest Pro in Dec.2015 ... $649.00 and then in Jan 2016 $609.00...?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pro...is $649, the Quest Gold will be $789... the $609 price you see is for the SeaQuest model...yes, available a month after the Pro comes out... The price guide is a template, and will be more specific as Deteknix communicates and coordinates with their worldwide vendors... Interest abroad is much more palpable than hear in the States...hopefully that will change as time passes.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is nice, is that each MSRP includes wireless headphones, Deteknix Diamond Digger, pouch, etc. And Deteknix Facebook site says that the MSRP is discounted by their dealers. For what you get, the prices seem right. Components are made in China, but assembly, quality control, shipping is in Los Angeles. A better mutual take than other made in China offerings.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is looking at getting the pink pointer and the Diamond Digger for herself Both have good reviews and seem well made. Looking forward for reviews to trickle in on this as well. Eyeballing a F19 next year since it can do it all....gold...coins...relics.

Be interesting to see if either of these can compete for less. Not sure a new 1st out the gate detector will sway me from a tried and tested F19...but anything is possible. I always like the "more for less" purchases when it comes to this hobby sp hopefully they come through again.

Love the style of it. Some will hate on it I am sure...but I think it looks friggin rad.

I do notice it says the 9.5 X 5.5 coil will not transfer to the Gold. So it appears there will not be compatible coil crossing going on.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding the coils, I noticed that as well... I suppose over time they will come out with their own line of "sniper" coils..

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that leg strap towards the bottom of that pdf....like it so much pretty sure I will be getting one when we buy the pointer and digger.

The flashlight adapter is cool too...although IDK how keen I am on night digs for myself...still a good idea for those that do. Nice for shady areas or inside an old building I would assume.

Hoping these Quest do not disappoint performance wise....I think they will nail the quality aspect. I personally could care less if they are Chinese as being an IT guy I have seen Chinese motherboards go through hell and back. If they are good quality...they are good quality. Simple as that for me.

Awaiting your review BigWaveDave.....any word when it will arrive yet?

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if their Chinese made X-Pointers are anything to go by then I think their quality will be better than some of the well established brands

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awaiting your review BigWaveDave.....any word when it will arrive yet?

No word yet, as I have had no correspondence regarding its delivery... no worries though, just hope it comes with the "Quest" logo on it.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pro...is $649, the Quest Gold will be $789... the $609 price you see is for the SeaQuest model...yes, available a month after the Pro comes out... The price guide is a template, and will be more specific as Deteknix communicates and coordinates with their worldwide vendors... Interest abroad is much more palpable than hear in the States...hopefully that will change as time passes.

I posted on another thread that I don't think the pricing for the Quest Gold and Quest Diver are correct. At the bottom is the pricing for the 3 Quest Pro packages. Since the Pro headphones and extra coil will not be available till Jan 2016, the Pro+ and Pro- packages will not ship until the same time. All 3 packages at the bottom are for the Quest Pro, and priced according to included equipment. The Gold and Diver has no release date listed, and Deteknix should not be held to an assumption date.

The regular Quest Pro with the wireless headphones is the only package listed to ship this year.

MD-Hunter has a question mark next to the Gold and Diver prices. I believe that MD-Hunter placed those prices there and not Deteknix.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted on another thread that I don't think the pricing for the Quest Gold and Quest Diver are correct. At the bottom is the pricing for the 3 Quest Pro packages. Since the Pro headphones and extra coil will not be available till Jan 2016, the Pro+ and Pro- packages will not ship until the same time. All 3 packages at the bottom are for the Quest Pro, and priced according to included equipment. The Gold and Diver has no release date listed, and Deteknix should not be held to an assumption date.

The regular Quest Pro with the wireless headphones is the only package listed to ship this year.

MD-Hunter has a question mark next to the Gold and Diver prices. I believe that MD-Hunter placed those prices there and not Deteknix.
I think that also .. Seeing as they had a Garrett coil with the Quest... Looks like MD-Hunter got a few things wrong ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread