Titan 3000 pro. Newbie looking for help

coolio

May 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I'm going to be getting a MD in the next couple of weeks. Origanally I was going to get the headhunter diver, but have not been to impressed with the reviews. It has been recommended to me by some of the fine members of TNet to start on land and work the water up to waist deep before getting into diving. They say its a whole different ball game, so I'll take the advice and practice land and shallow water first.
All the reviews I have read about the titan 3000 pro are positive, but I haven't found any reviews on it from TNet members.

If you know anything about this MD please reply.

Also if you would like to recommend another MD please feel free. If you don't mind, could you also give some reasons for you choice of MD

For your info.

- Looking to spend around $300 - 600
- Will be searching lots of beach area and water to waist deep
- Will be searching old farms and other old sites all with permission.
- Basically I need a MD for all occasions within my price range until I can afford a more top of the line one.

The hope is that my finds will finance the top of the line model and then I will start to store my treasures.

Thanks for looking

Chad
-

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
warning --most cheapie "preset" beginner type detectors do not like wet sand / saltwater areas--or high mineral --powerline type areas ----if you plan to hunt these areas you will need to have a "adjustible type" machine --the ace 250 while a great dry sand and "land" machine does not like wet sand or saltwater and is a "preset" type machine ---or turn on and go type machine---while easy for beginners to learn and use ---its almost useless in places that need adjustments to work correctly---also know this ---there is no "magic" machine which only finds gold and silver --if so I would have at least two of them---if you want gold rings and such you will dig up pull tabs--thats the way it is--having your machine "set up properly"---setting the disc as high as you can to cull out the pull tabs and still pick up the gold items can cut way down on the number of pull tabs without passing up the gold---each machine has its own "sweet spot" or setting for this---look at the M6 nice all around machine (not for "diving" of course but for shallow water/beach/and dry land its quite nice)--Ivan

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
I have the Titan, and two more expensive machines. The Titan is a great coinshooter, the ID numbers are spot on , I hunt with some people running much higher cost machines, and they are always asking me to second check a spot for them before they dig because of the titans id ability's.
( ps.. week after week it finds near twice the clad they do to)
That said, I would not start off with the 10 inch coil, and alot of what you are wanting to do is really in the realm of a different detector category.
So... Whites beach hunter ID ?? maybe.. to be in the water like it sounds you want to do, along with some land hunting.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Personally I would not buy a higher end detector to find clad coins. They should be used when you have it in mind to find older deeper coins. It is also more the operator that knows the detector better that will do better. Just because someone has a higher end detector does not automatically make them better treasure hunters. It is in the knowledge they gain that makes them better along with the experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread