Pyle brand detectors???

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother saw these on amazon and thought maybe it was be a good idea to get a cheap detector for playing around with looking for gold next summer. Well as soon as he told me it was $100 dollars my brow wrinkled. Personally to me it sounds too cheap.
Admittedly it looks like a modern detector, but I have serious doubts to it's ability to sound off on pockets of black sand and small gold in quarts. Probly wouldnt trust it to find even gram nuggets in bedrock is my thoughts.

He will demand evidense if I slander his proposal, ???

Anybody on here have experience with or knowledge of 'Pyle' brand detectors?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pyle Audio is an OEM for car speakers. Remember the Pyle Driver? (boom boom boom).

I believe Pyle does not manufacture their MDs as well as the scores of other products in their catalog. Most products appear to be Chinese imports. And with only a one year warranty, I'd pass. Unless you have the money to goof around with.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be a Pyle.... [emoji13][emoji90]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my brother informed me last evening that he puchased the detector. Said he had thouroughly researched it and read a ton of reviews saying it has the latest electronics with target ID and everything. While I still hold to the 'pile' theory I will post an update after we run it side by side with me GM4B.

Target Terror

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon & Whites Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyle Audio is an OEM for car speakers. Remember the Pyle Driver? (boom boom boom).

Either Eminence or Credence OEM'd Pyles loudspeakers back in the day but they were designed to Pyles in house engineer specs. Harman Intl did their amplifiers of the same period. As time progressed the company was turned over and absorbed by Pyramids umbrella and in flew the Asian OEM'd products. To this day Pyramid and Pyle of the PRO series I believe is still OEM'd on shore here by Eminence. That, or they are an incredible quality clone. But at any rate, Pyle never OEM'd anything at any point in it's history. Just a fun fact from my memory bank of utterly useless car audio knowledge. The detector is likely OEM'd by the same build house doing Bounty Hunters entry level stuff. I know they're sourcing the same pinpointers.

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pro Pointer AT (well soon I'll have one.) Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 w/ a diggit hori knife, oh and a Lesche Sampson T handled shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either Eminence or Credence OEM'd Pyles loudspeakers back in the day but they were designed to Pyles in house engineer specs. Harman Intl did their amplifiers of the same period. As time progressed the company was turned over and absorbed by Pyramids umbrella and in flew the Asian OEM'd products. To this day Pyramid and Pyle of the PRO series I believe is still OEM'd on shore here by Eminence. That, or they are an incredible quality clone. But at any rate, Pyle never OEM'd anything at any point in it's history. Just a fun fact from my memory bank of utterly useless car audio knowledge. The detector is likely OEM'd by the same build house doing Bounty Hunters entry level stuff. I know they're sourcing the same pinpointers.

I believe all Bounty Hunter machines are made here in the U.S.A. Heck even my "lowly" tracker 4 is made here.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have used one Pyle MD and it was pure garbage.
Poor build quality and old tech design/ccts
Mine was advertised as a PI detector but it was VLF operating at approx 2.3Khz.
It could only just detect my larger Aussie coins (20 cents and 50 cents) in my test patch at a depth of 5 inches.

The detector did work at the beach in the dry sand but no use over wet salt sand. So if you are not very serious about your metal detecting the Pyle cheapies will find recently lost shallow targets in very mild mineralised inland sites and in dry beach sand. I do not recall which model I had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread