a fair review of an ebay detector part one

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
I thought i would write a fair review for a metal detector machine that i brought off ebay it is a treasure hunter vision pro xj9 the price you can but them for is around £75.00 £80.00 mark plus around £14.95 post and packing. I got mine in an auction for £58 plus £14.95 p&P Not a great deal of money so what are the claims for this machine

well 33cm on an object that claim i doubted before i brought the machine I find more it is more like 10cms or 4inchs i guess if i found a buried car it might be that depth. I found the manual to be fairly well written with clear instructions. it has an lcd display type interface with discrimation ability that is fully adjustable and a sensitivity setting also adjustable. And as you probably guess it is made in china I dont think it will be long before the jokes start flowing ie whats the difference between an xj9 and a skoda more people keep the skoda that type of thing. Joking aside i watched people buying these in there hundreds from ebay and about two weeks later selling them on again. So why did I get one I hear you ask the honest answer would be money sure i would love a fisher cscope etc etc. The way I see it at least i can get the bug for detecting then when i get more experience upgrade omg i feel another joke coming on how do you upgrade from an xj9 a piece of string and a magnet. Sorry couldent resist so back to the review put the batterys in 2 of the square ones powered up and a panel of flashing icons appeared looked a bit like the star trek enterprise the early ones not the new ones. Next came a beeping sound lasting about 30secs all good and well I thought started a test in my garden my first find was a 1952 quarter dollar it was in the border about 3inchs down going to post that by the way. my 3 other finds were a spanner about 2inchs down and a pair of old metal cutters also about 2inchs down and lastly a bottle top about an inch down.

I found them in about an hour I hope this will be helpful my next post concerning this model will be a beach test thats what iam going now I will post that tonight

Stike it rich

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
the skoda was a very cheap car at one point it was said you could double the vaule by filling the tank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread