Looking for a review of National Geographic Metal Detector...

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
Like the one being sold here:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...1/601-0254426-2860128?ie=UTF8&asin=B000068EXZ

I wanted to buy a super cheap detector for my little bro-inlaw, I know he'll likely get sick of it or brake it... but if he likes it I can always buy him an upgrade.

I've never seen one out of the box and am wondering if it will perform at all at the beach?
If anyone knows anything about this machine/toy please let me know even if it's just something you heard... Thanks.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
My son got one for Christmas. You'd almost be better off eyeballing coins on the ground. He uses the handle for a pretend rifle, so he's getting some use out of it. ;)

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
I am just wondering how old he is as I cant imagine this MD being very powerful and do you have a MD yourself perhaps you could go with him. Any way I think it would prob keep him occupied for a few hours just tell him a few pirate tales and when he gets bored just plant a couple of cents now and again. I mean thats what I would do to keep him entertained you never know he might find something you didn't plant lol

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my son one when he was 5. It will pick up iron at an inch or maybe two. A coin has to be almost touching the coil for it to pick it up. My son had a lot of fun finding rusty metal, but for his 7th birthday he got a Tesoro Compadre.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread