Anyone here use the Golden Mask 5+ ?

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the videos I didn't see a good pinpointing function on it.....family owned detector business in Bulgary produces it. More interested in the Detech Chaser which has good tones..great depth may be better then the T2......will work around iron and has a pinpoint function. Detech out of PA imports it.....they had 2-3 of them last I checked.

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no response from an owner? The GM5+ looks awesome from all of my research. I've been trying not to throw cash at one...

apw100

Aug 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no response from an owner? The GM5+ looks awesome from all of my research. I've been trying not to throw cash at one...

I ordered the Golden Mask 5+ Lite with the 12" DD Spider coil and it should arrive tomorrow. It will be my first detector so I'm not sure if my opinion will hold much weight.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would like to know how the Golden Mask performs with a large search coil--what depth it detects targets at.

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The largest GM coil is 15", it gains little over the 12x10 coil.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had Golden mask 3 and really liked the detector for relic hunting. Just ordered the Golden mask 5+ detector with the 9x10 coil because the discount on the detector was too good to pass by.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the videos I didn't see a good pinpointing function on it.....family owned detector business in Bulgary produces it. More interested in the Detech Chaser which has good tones..great depth may be better then the T2......will work around iron and has a pinpoint function. Detech out of PA imports it.....they had 2-3 of them last I checked.

Detech also produce great coils. I have 2 Detech Ultimate coils 13" for my Tessoro and Tekenetics Omega 8000. They are very light, sensitive and run very stable.

BuddhaPie

Apr 14, 2018
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detech also produce great coils. I have 2 Detech Ultimate coils 13" for my Tessoro and Tekenetics Omega 8000. They are very light, sensitive and run very stable.

Which Tesoro do you have the ultimate 13" on?

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which Tesoro do you have the ultimate 13" on?

The Lobo Super Traq. I had a Tejon before and also used this coil and that one to. I like this coil better then the original 10x12 Tesoro.

BuddhaPie

Apr 14, 2018
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lobo Super Traq. I had a Tejon before and also used this coil and that one to. I like this coil better then the original 10x12 Tesoro.

Holy crap I am so glad you said that, I've been wondering how it would work with the supertraq, how are you running the machine with the coil (settings)? What are you searching for mainly? Have you done any tests, depth, etc?

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty soon there will be a improved model of the Golden mask 5+ and it is called Golden mask 5+ SE, there will be iron audio added with some minor other improvements.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gm5+ arrived today with 9x10 coil/ws 106 wireless headphones and the detector overall build quality feels solid, did not expect nothing less from the Golden mask detector makers. Cant wait to try it out for some relic hunting perhaps tomorrow to give my impressions how it works.

Last edited:

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like an interesting detector has 8 and 18khz switchable freq, looks like it has good disc, separation and can find small nuggets? if the nox had a baby brother looks like this is it

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one annoying thing in Golden mask 5+ is the love for hot rocks, it absolutely loves to signal them all the time with the id number of 86 but for the money it is sure a really good relic hunter. The machine have good dics against small iron for sure. The machine have been balanced good and it doest feel that heavy to swing it around and i like the 18khz mode but the 8khz mode did not feel right to me at all, so i feel the machine is made with the 18khz in mind.

The telescopic stem is good and all, but the locks tend to open up themselves over time so you need to tighten them up during the search.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread