Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tony (Michigan)
  • 1 Post By beep1971

Thread: Anyone here use the Golden Mask 5+ ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2017
    Lapeer County, Michigan
    Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
    96 times
    Metal Detecting

Anyone here use the Golden Mask 5+ ?

I've been seeing good reviews on it. It is popular in Europe.

If you use one, could you give us your ideas on it?

Thanks.
    G.A.P.metal likes this.

May 2017
    Kansas
    Whites 6000, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    From the videos I didn't see a good pinpointing function on it.....family owned detector business in Bulgary produces it. More interested in the Detech Chaser which has good tones..great depth may be better then the T2......will work around iron and has a pinpoint function. Detech out of PA imports it.....they had 2-3 of them last I checked.

us
    Jun 2015
    South Georgia
    Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
    121 times
    Still no response from an owner? The GM5+ looks awesome from all of my research. I've been trying not to throw cash at one...

Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothman View Post
    Still no response from an owner? The GM5+ looks awesome from all of my research. I've been trying not to throw cash at one...
    I ordered the Golden Mask 5+ Lite with the 12" DD Spider coil and it should arrive tomorrow. It will be my first detector so I'm not sure if my opinion will hold much weight.

us
    Barton Thom

Apr 2005
    Abiquiu, NM
    What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
    324 times
    Cache Hunting
    I would like to know how the Golden Mask performs with a large search coil--what depth it detects targets at.

gb
    Jan 2015
    76 times

The largest GM coil is 15", it gains little over the 12x10 coil.
    Slowtaknow likes this.

fi
    Mar 2009
    Finland
    Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
    69 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Had Golden mask 3 and really liked the detector for relic hunting. Just ordered the Golden mask 5+ detector with the 9x10 coil because the discount on the detector was too good to pass by.

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur, Xp Deus, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Tesoro Bandido Umax, Teknetics Omega 8000
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Timecop67 View Post
    From the videos I didn't see a good pinpointing function on it.....family owned detector business in Bulgary produces it. More interested in the Detech Chaser which has good tones..great depth may be better then the T2......will work around iron and has a pinpoint function. Detech out of PA imports it.....they had 2-3 of them last I checked.
    Detech also produce great coils. I have 2 Detech Ultimate coils 13" for my Tessoro and Tekenetics Omega 8000. They are very light, sensitive and run very stable.

us
    Apr 2018
    Nebraska
    Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter67 View Post
    Detech also produce great coils. I have 2 Detech Ultimate coils 13" for my Tessoro and Tekenetics Omega 8000. They are very light, sensitive and run very stable.
    Which Tesoro do you have the ultimate 13" on?

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur, Xp Deus, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Tesoro Bandido Umax, Teknetics Omega 8000
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaPie View Post
    Which Tesoro do you have the ultimate 13" on?
    The Lobo Super Traq. I had a Tejon before and also used this coil and that one to. I like this coil better then the original 10x12 Tesoro.

us
    Apr 2018
    Nebraska
    Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter67 View Post
    The Lobo Super Traq. I had a Tejon before and also used this coil and that one to. I like this coil better then the original 10x12 Tesoro.
    Holy crap I am so glad you said that, I've been wondering how it would work with the supertraq, how are you running the machine with the coil (settings)? What are you searching for mainly? Have you done any tests, depth, etc?

fi
    Mar 2009
    Finland
    69 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Pretty soon there will be a improved model of the Golden mask 5+ and it is called Golden mask 5+ SE, there will be iron audio added with some minor other improvements.

fi
    Mar 2009
    Finland
    69 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    My gm5+ arrived today with 9x10 coil/ws 106 wireless headphones and the detector overall build quality feels solid, did not expect nothing less from the Golden mask detector makers. Cant wait to try it out for some relic hunting perhaps tomorrow to give my impressions how it works.
    Last edited by Digger82; May 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

hr
    Mar 2017
    Croatia
    gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
    67 times
    looks like an interesting detector has 8 and 18khz switchable freq, looks like it has good disc, separation and can find small nuggets? if the nox had a baby brother looks like this is it

fi
    Mar 2009
    Finland
    69 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The one annoying thing in Golden mask 5+ is the love for hot rocks, it absolutely loves to signal them all the time with the id number of 86 but for the money it is sure a really good relic hunter. The machine have good dics against small iron for sure. The machine have been balanced good and it doest feel that heavy to swing it around and i like the 18khz mode but the 8khz mode did not feel right to me at all, so i feel the machine is made with the 18khz in mind.

The telescopic stem is good and all, but the locks tend to open up themselves over time so you need to tighten them up during the search.
    Last edited by Digger82; Jun 12, 2018 at 04:20 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links