Gardiner With Huge Coil!

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Recently a local estate sale had a Gardiner Treasuretron C with multiple coils, including a huge 36" one. It looked vintage late 1970s - early 1980s.

The owners wanted $50 for it, which I felt was far too much.

Does anyone here have experience with using the large coil on a machine like this? I'm curious how effective they are.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recently a local estate sale had a Gardiner Treasuretron C with multiple coils, including a huge 36" one. It looked vintage late 1970s - early 1980s.

Does anyone here have experience with using the large coil on a machine like this? I'm curious how effective they are.
It is worth the $50.00 If you get it make sure that it works. Only know of one person who can probably fix it. The large coil is only for Cache Hunting and looking for large items. It is not for single coin hunting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, I appreciate the advice. It's one of those tools that would be really handy once or twice in my whole lifetime so I passed. It's probably the cheapest way to cache hunt or look for a metal object lost in the woods though.

Stay tuned, now that I've said this I'm sure I'll really need it next week!

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You said that it has multiple coils. I believe that it came with a 3, 6 and 9 inch coils. The 6 and 9 inch coils are good for coin and relic hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread