346sspv.jpg
q

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging the Real. Sure would like to read the story behind that hunt.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on digging the Real. Sure would like to read the story behind that hunt.

I will grant you your wish.

Today was a spectacular day weather wise to detect.
Temps in the 50s with full sunshine abs little wind.

I was hunting an old site that is near river here in Tn.
This particular area is near an old shallow river crossing where the Indians used to prey on the settlers traveling east to west back in the mid 1700s to early 1800s.

A settlement and town was in this area too.
The town now is a ghost town as the county seat was moved about 9 miles upstream of river to a more center location in county back in 1817.

This area, particualr areas I have busted hard since I started detecting late 2010.

Today I took Deus with HF elliptical coil, Deus with round 9" HF coil and Rutus detector along.

I used both Deus detectors for about 1.5houars each.
Last up was the Rutus and I was hunting in an area I had pounded hard previously multiple times even with Deus and low freq coils.

Rutus locked on to the reale with decent ID, a tone yelling dig me.
Sure enough high conductive coin.

I have found Spanish bits in this area (farm is 193 acres btw) before -5 total, but never an entire whole Spqnish coin until today.

This site has iron too, lots of it in certain areas.

A good place to practice, hunt, stay sharp and yes even pull q nice find occassionally.
Deer season is one and this area is safe for me to hunt right now.
I do wear orange hat though for just in case.

Have found half dime here and seated coins before in this area too, a few older nickels.

Not much modern trash to speak of.

Soil mineralization is not gentle though.

I test all my detectors on this farm.
This site does challenge a detector and me too.

I have been on a roll here during my last few hunts on this site.

Question is how long will it last??

I am certainly enjoying it while it last.

May have another go tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers.

Rutus detector IMO is one of the best bangs for the buck.
Bought mine used.
Every manufacturer should be looking at this detector.
Some real ingenuity went into it.

Most folks likely never ever heard of.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for taking the time to tell the story. Seems like you have a great place with potential to pull more bucket listers. I love to see the finds but we here on Tnet also enjoy the story. It's a window into the OP's mind and we might pull a "lesson learned" from the post.

I have looked into the the Rutus Alter 71, isn't that the detector that can detect a helmet buried at about 6ft deep? I thought to myself that if I was a relic guy I'd get one, but how many 4ft to 6ft holes do I want to dig? I had an XP Deus for almost a year. Great machine, many of my die hard MD Friends use it. In my experience the Deus never hit on anything that my F75LTD would not have hit. I loved how light weight it was and the way you could go in and set more variables than the Fisher, but I did not like how large iron rang in as a high tone. I decided to sell it and concentrate all my efforts on the F75LTD in order to be the best on one machine in stead of splitting my time on a couple machines.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to tell the story. Seems like you have a great place with potential to pull more bucket listers. I love to see the finds but we here on Tnet also enjoy the story. It's a window into the OP's mind and we might pull a "lesson learned" from the post.

I have looked into the the Rutus Alter 71, isn't that the detector that can detect a helmet buried at about 6ft deep? I thought to myself that if I was a relic guy I'd get one, but how many 4ft to 6ft holes do I want to dig? I had an XP Deus for almost a year. Great machine, many of my die hard MD Friends use it. In my experience the Deus never hit on anything that my F75LTD would not have hit. I loved how light weight it was and the way you could go in and set more variables than the Fisher, but I did not like how large iron rang in as a high tone. I decided to sell it and concentrate all my efforts on the F75LTD in order to be the best on one machine in stead of splitting my time on a couple machines.

I don't think the Rutus is that deep.

Deus as far oas older sites riddled with iron, no contest between it and F75 detector any series.
Deus supreme.
I used F75 in this site actually, did not like it one bit.
It is gone now.

Rutus is very near Deus in performance.
I think Rutus is better at coins on edge and elongated nonferrous finds vs Deus and low free coils.
Deus is better with HF coils, but remember biggest HF coil for deus is 9" in diameter,,Rutus uses the 11" dd coil.

Audio of Rutus in conjunction with meter presentations is I think a top dog.
Meaning a person will dig little iron.
Lots of info presented on meter overall in conjunction with tone.

Hodograph presentation on Rutus is multidimensional.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Real nice Reale
I have run a Fisher F-75 3 different versions 9+ years in my experience the T2 will do anything the F-75 will do except mix the process and the tones and back light,the last 3 years i carried both the 75 and T2 DST version.
I found no different in seeing/IDing coins but relic hunting the T2 has a bigger iron range.... relic hunting is a little different but do miss the back light.
I also think far more relic hunters find far more Spanish Silver,and older US coins than strict coin hunters ....in my over 20 years in just parks and churches,curb strips,yards as a coin hunter i did not get into the 1700s much 1800 yes .
Never had the Deus in a city and don`t plan on it to many problems in my old city to ever go there.
In the places i have pounded with the 75 and T2 ,Omega,Nokta, CZ series the Deus has just amazed me.
Now lately i carry the Dues and DST T2...the Deus does see better and a tad deeper than the T2 side by side.
The Deus will out do any metal detector i have used simple as that ...some say it`s hard to use,but if you ever got use to an analog machine it will be easy.
Gary

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was mistaken, it was the AKA Signum MFD Pro that can detect the helmet. I was looking at it and the Rutus late last summer (about a month after I got the Deus), then it dawned on me, how many detectors do I need. Will I continually be buying machines (a couple a year) in the search for additional depth, unmasking ability, and to see if I simply feel the detector suits my needs better than my trusted F75LTD. I do understand the premise that no machine is the best everywhere so I do own a 1280x for water hunting when it's too dry to cut plugs in town. Being in Ohio I am limited to freshwater hunting. I do hunt in the woods , fields and farms, but my passion are yard permissions in the older parts of the towns as well as public properties.

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I recently purchased a Rutus Alter71 because of its features. I am dyslexic in that I have trouble with sequences and settings. Rutus is the cats pj's to use.. I can sent all the programs right now..Getting the Hi low on the targets takes time.. Setting the two number parameters, and high low tones takes time.. Pretty fair odds of going over tabs nickels, gold rings and having a three way identity giving some serious dig/ no dig signals.. Am going on 80, have been swinging since 1960... First to admit the Kruzer might be a "better" variety , but this is my baby, have great spots that will be even better with the ability to hit dimes(with luck) at 10 inches... The only problem will be finding a babysitter to keep me from drowning when I go cannon ball hunting wearing waders/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread