Sears Metal Detector G.E.B./TR-DISCRIMINATOR model number 321.596361

Apr 29, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detector has been stored in an outside building for several years with out battery. Decided to try it and see if it still worked. Put new battery in and needle worked fine but no sound. Brought it inside and set it aganist wall and several hours later it began emitting a tone. Has repeatedly followed this pattern. Used it about a hour and a half to day and the tone just quit again. Any ideals!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Poor Boy! You didn't list your state (or country) (unless your name actually reflects your home state) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...
tn_link.gif
2nd -I searched Google and found that the Sears MD's were made by White's Electronics and found a "close" Instruction Manual (if you don't have one) on the White's WebSite: Sears-596351-Instruction Manual

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved from HELP! over to Brands > Other brands... for more exposure.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum! You might want to ask in the Whites sub-forum, as I think your machine was made by Whites. :occasion14:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a picture or two? Sounds like it might be somewhat similar to the early Whites 5000 or 6000 series'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread