Chinese gold detector, Tianxun. I'd like to know something on this TX850 G2 machine.

Esperian

Jul 27, 2019
Lightning Ridge, NSW
Detector(s) used
Tianxun TX850 G2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought this metal detector over the eBay. They claim it to be set specifically for gold detecting. I got it cheap, direct from China. So far I didn't get a chance to try it in the field for gold detecting, but home made air-trials are so far coming out to be good. Did anyone purchase this model, too? Does anyone have any experience with it in the field? So far, I see very little about this TX850-G2 detector on YouTube. I just got it short time ago. I purchased also one 5" mono coil, and one 15" * 12" DD style extra coils for it, arrived just last week. The 5" is for sensitivity on very fine nuggets, and the 12" * 15" for deep nugget detecting. The machine herself came with 8" * 12" coil.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As I understand it, that machine is a Chinese made clone of the
Teknetics G2, with a clone of a Garrett coil.

I could not find specifications on it..do you have any paperwork
that shows the operating frequency?

OP
OP
E

Esperian

Jul 27, 2019
Lightning Ridge, NSW
Detector(s) used
Tianxun TX850 G2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought this metal detector over the eBay. They claim it to be set specifically for gold detecting. I got it cheap, direct from China. So far I didn't get a chance to try it in the field for gold detecting, but home made air-trials are so far coming out to be good. Did anyone purchase this model, too? Does anyone have any experience with it in the field? So far, I see very little about this TX850-G2 detector on YouTube. I just got it short time ago. I purchased also one 5" mono coil, and one 15" * 12" DD style extra coils for it, arrived just last week. The 5" is for sensitivity on very fine nuggets, and the 12" * 15" for deep nugget detecting. The machine herself came with 8" * 12" coil.

Instruction says it is a 19 kHz machine

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Instruction says it is a 19 kHz machine

Same as the Teknetics G2 They upgraded it, and it's now sold as the G2+.

At 19 kHz, it can certainly be good for gold, but, the question is can
it handle the mineralization in the soil?

I suggest watching some gold prospecting YouTube video's for the Teknetics G2,
and that should give you some answers. Keep in mind that your machine is
a copy, and may not have the same performance as the Teknetics G2.

Jmessias

Jan 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil- tx850

would anyone tell me if i can use this coil on the tx 850 metal detector?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200113-132253_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200113-132253_AliExpress.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 204

Jmessias

Jan 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would anyone tell me if i can use this coil on the tx 850 metal detector?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200113-132253_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200113-132253_AliExpress.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 162

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If it is anything like the G2 clone that I purchased then it will not ground balance very well. I ended up tossing mine in the rubbish bin....Yes it was that bad.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Even the cct board in my clone had the Teknetics brand and part number on it. Too bad they did not clone the performance

andrewblue

Jun 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tx850

Even the cct board in my clone had the Teknetics brand and part number on it. Too bad they did not clone the performance

These detectors are brilliant, easily keeps up with my top end machines

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread