SONDA METAL DETECTOR

slider

Greenie
Jul 31, 2007
HELLO EVERYBODY,
IM JUST NEW IN THIS FORUM. MAY I ASK HELP FROM ANY BODY WHO COULD ADVISE ME IN METAL DETECTOR (SORRY IF THIS IS THE RIGHT POSTING). I AM PLANNING TO BUY SONDA MD NOUVO 5008 (ITALY). is this a good one since im just a begginer, and this is the only metal detector that i can afford to buy here in our country-philippines. The Seller said that this detector can detect a depth of about 3-5 meters.
Thanks a lot!!!
slider

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
no detector can detect 3 to 5 meters. i have never heard of Sonda before. personally i would be very wary of anyone making such a claim.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
That 2-5 meters is Bull***T, it wouldn´t even get a M1 Abrahams at that depth. It´s chinese built, not bad for coin shooting in a park, but that´s about it. Save your money, and invest in a more expensive model (Better make, American, Australian, European), but go second hand and you can get one for the price of your new chinese model !!!
Most detectors will hit down to about 8 or 10 inches. The chinese models 4 to 5 inches (If you´re lucky), and the quality control on the chinese models is attrocious !
HH Ray

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF it's all you can afford,
I say go for it.

You can always Upgrade later.

I Also don't believe the 3 to 5 meters,
But I'm sure it will pick up deep enough
for you to get the idea of what metal detecting is all about
and have some fun.

Jeff

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have never heard of Sonda metal detectors. Also if my math is correct a detector that can detect 3 - 5 m (9.8 - 16.4 ft) would be worth the money, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don' even think a two box detector could go that deep. I think the sales man is giving you a load of garbage. If have the money or can easily get the money for this detector, I say buy it because you can always up grade later.

PS. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here on TreasureNet. Great place with a lot of great people. Don't be afraid to ask any thing treasure related.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
That detector company claims that it's on par with a Garrett CX Pro..

The armrest looks like a Garrett, but the rest looks like a Maplin/Minelab copy.

They also claim that it can go 3-5 meters on a "larger" target. It probably can as long as the object is as big as a freight train engine. These types of claims are usually taken to the extreme, much like some people claim that Minelabs can find coins as deep as 24 inches. Yes, for sure there are some ancient coins that are as big as 2", so that is remotely possible too.

Don't buy the detector. Buy one that works well instead. Your best bet is a Tesoro Compadre ($150) for a good starter detector. It's even better than a $450 Minelab or $450 Whites.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It don't sound like something i would buy if you would get the bottom of the line American Made detector you would be happy with it. But with the SONDA i think that it would make you sorry you bought it......................................

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
RON (PA) said:
I have never heard of Sonda metal detectors. Also if my math is correct a detector that can detect 3 - 5 m (9.8 - 16.4 ft) would be worth the money, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don' even think a two box detector could go that deep. I think the sales man is giving you a load of garbage. If have the money or can easily get the money for this detector, I say buy it because you can always up grade later.

PS. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here on TreasureNet. Great place with a lot of great people. Don't be afraid to ask any thing treasure related.

A two-box can hit 5 meters on large objects I have a Gemini-3 and a whites TM-800

OP
OP
S

slider

Greenie
Jul 31, 2007
thank you for help guys,
actually im from philippines and a little bit curious on the Yamashita treasure ( i know some of you will laugh to this Yamas gold) cause i have been hearing many stories about the stolen gold from my grandpas. about the detector, can all of you guys check this site... saferphilippines.com. this is the site that i plan to buy the detector.
how can i buy detector from states or other country? i am just a beginner, i dont have credit card or something. but im really desperate to have one detector
thanks again for any help
slider

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could Check with KELLYCO (see Icon on top of page) I believe
they do ship overseas. I don't know if they ship to the Phills or not.

You coulsd maybe send them a Money Order.

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
..........forget it.

Get a American/British/ or Australian detector.

Oh yes........ever dig a hole 3 - 5 meters in less than an half a day??

That should tell you be weary of their advertising..........see ya mark

R

robert roy

Maybe you could send a photo of it. Id be interested in seeing what it looks like.
RR

Willy

A buddy of mine still wants to hunt for buried pirate treasure (HaRRR, Arrr, Scupper the poopdecks and shiver me timbers matey.. ARRrr.) on the Nova Scotia beaches with a 2 box. He figures 6' down or so. Has anyone here ever tried to dig such a hole in sand.. especially near the waterline? Now throw in 50 yrs old and a heavy smoker. Well, I think that I might have disabused him of the notion.. but there's no arguing with dumba$$, so who knows. ..Willy.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's rather a lot of machines that perform to the depths claimed for this machine. Bear in mind the Sonda deep seeker is pulse and the performance is on large targets with the, I think in this case, 3 metre square coil.
Take a more recognised brand such as Pulse Star, same working principle, same coil etc and you get even more depth.
The stock 1m x 1m coil will detect a 1m x 1m sheet of metal at just over 3 metres.
I don't think this is a Chinese machine but a re badged Proton or Proton 2 from Bulgarian where pulse deep seekers are a speciality.
As for two box machines I've used most of them and depth is very limited unless the searched for item is the size of a tank.
As for pirate treasure has any ever been found near the waters edge. They may have been pirates but were also expert seamen. Knowing the effect that a storm has on a beach, hidden, as distinct from wreck losses, was always taken way above where wave action could expose it.

Willy

Hey, anyone wanna buy some prime real estate in the Everglades? I also have a bridge... Whatta load of kife! That's a good ol' cheapo VLF detector. 2-3.5 meters detection range? I think that was a typo.. they probably were talking the IQ points of the people that get sucked in by the ad copy. ..Willy.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marcel, this is not the detector. I think 'Sonda' must mean something like deep or power perhaps. Even Fisher sold SONDE models abroad as 'SONDA' ie the Fisher SR 51 SONDA.
To find out what the deep seeker that does work looks like go to the mdetectors.com site and check out the Micron Proton 2

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions