Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After 3 months 32 hunts on a salt beach. Only rinsing with fresh water after each hunt. Disassembling for packing. After releasing the lever locks, the shaft slid apart as if brand new. No sign of grit or scratches. The knobs & discrimination toggles held up with no problems. I would say the construction of this machine is well made. Great Analog unit.

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
Not good unless you're away from the salt water. SMF is your best bet in that environment, with the exception of PI.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not good unless you're away from the salt water. SMF is your best bet in that environment, with the exception of PI.
How is the Vista X otherwise say out on the dirt, I am thinking about purchasing one

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
How is the Vista X otherwise say out on the dirt, I am thinking about purchasing one
I guess if you're used to using a Tesoro, then the Vista X would be an easy transition. It runs at 16kHz, so most like it for relic and coin hunting. Faster recovery speed, excellent depth about like the top end detectors. Most prefer the Supersix coil, which runs smooth and stable, with great separation. They have an eight inch concentric, which is great in nasty iron, and even a 5.7 inch for the worst of places.
A lot of people love the Vista X. It works really well in mineralized ground, which is a big plus. Monte even liked using one as he was a big Tesoro fan.
I don't own one yet, but probably like you, I think I've read about every post about them. It seems to be the best choice.
They have the Goldhound that runs at 30kHz, but that is more of a speciality detector, and doesn't have the dual discrimination, or a gain adjustment.
I've been talking to Richard at Backwoods Metal Detectors, as he's the dealer here in the USA.
I still use a Deus 1, and like you I don't own one yet, but have been considering it for a month or so.
I have a GPX 5000 listed, and was wondering about picking one up because mainly of the analog audio, ability to work in high iron, work in bad ground, and has depth like a Deus 2, but my biggest turn off is the dual toggle switches on the bottom, instead of just one well placed one, and I don't have any use for a bigger coil. It's all personal preference.
In fact I just heard from Richard today that he could do a trade with what I'm selling, but I just haven't made my mind up if I really need one or not.
I've heard way more positive things about the Vista X then negative, almost no negative, except for the switches, and the fact it runs on 8 AA batteries. So, I'm still on the fence on whether to get one or not myself.

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
I've had a lot of interest in picking up a Visa X, but on the other hand, I've seen a lot of the most experienced people selling them as well. Not a lot of information to digest after gathering all the information that I can find from every forum. I'm not sure why most of the top dogs ending up selling their units. So, there's something there that I'm just not seeing. Just like I've seen people dump their Deus 1 units when the Deus II came out, only to go back a buy another Deus 1. I'm glad I still have one with all the coils. It's probably one that I'll never sell, just like I see people go back and look for a Sovereign GT.
Some detectors just do very well and people can bond with them as they do the job. It's just like why do you see so many Deus II's for sale? I still have a Deus I, a Sovereign GT, and a Manticore, that I'm still trying to master, and I don't see or feel the need to sell any one of those, yet, because I know what they can do, and I see what I have found with them. I wouldn't be selling my GPX 5000 if I still had the ability to swing it, but I just don't have the ability to prospect anymore, and that's the only reason I'm selling that unit. I really don't need another detector, probably one of the reasons why I haven't bought a Vista X, but I've seen opportunities to where I could have picked up a unit with all the coils for $500. The thing that bothers me the most is why these top people bought them only to later get rid of them? Still trying to figure that one out. That's probably the main reason why I haven't picked one up yet. A lot of new products in the works. I'm thinking that I'll just hold out to see what hits the market over the next couple of years. I think I find the most unbiased information on Dankowski's forum, as they just tell it like it is, and stay on top of the latest technology and information.
Like everyone, I'm waiting on the new technology, and it's coming, right around the corner. Just like that new company in Australia that just came out with that light weight PI. Who knows what's next?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had a lot of interest in picking up a Visa X, but on the other hand, I've seen a lot of the most experienced people selling them as well. Not a lot of information to digest after gathering all the information that I can find from every forum. I'm not sure why most of the top dogs ending up selling their units. So, there's something there that I'm just not seeing. Just like I've seen people dump their Deus 1 units when the Deus II came out, only to go back a buy another Deus 1. I'm glad I still have one with all the coils. It's probably one that I'll never sell, just like I see people go back and look for a Sovereign GT.
Some detectors just do very well and people can bond with them as they do the job. It's just like why do you see so many Deus II's for sale? I still have a Deus I, a Sovereign GT, and a Manticore, that I'm still trying to master, and I don't see or feel the need to sell any one of those, yet, because I know what they can do, and I see what I have found with them. I wouldn't be selling my GPX 5000 if I still had the ability to swing it, but I just don't have the ability to prospect anymore, and that's the only reason I'm selling that unit. I really don't need another detector, probably one of the reasons why I haven't bought a Vista X, but I've seen opportunities to where I could have picked up a unit with all the coils for $500. The thing that bothers me the most is why these top people bought them only to later get rid of them? Still trying to figure that one out. That's probably the main reason why I haven't picked one up yet. A lot of new products in the works. I'm thinking that I'll just hold out to see what hits the market over the next couple of years. I think I find the most unbiased information on Dankowski's forum, as they just tell it like it is, and stay on top of the latest technology and information.
Like everyone, I'm waiting on the new technology, and it's coming, right around the corner. Just like that new company in Australia that just came out with that light weight PI. Who knows what's next?
PM me what you are looking to get for your GPX 5000
I may know someone that would purchase it from you also what coils you have for the 5000

as far as the Vista X I am picking one up, because I am tired of watching the TIDs, which I really never go by the TIDs I just want something that beeps and you dig LOL, even though I have a Legend, which I do like i really never use the TIDs on it, I also own a ORX which I got in a trade deal because I always wanted to try a XP detector, and I wanted a High Frequency Lite VLF to carry with me while nugget hunting with the Axiom felt the ORX checked all the boxes for what I wanted

I am hoping the Vista X does the same for me

I have not noticed any Vista X for sale, if I had I would have jumped on one just to see if I would like it, have also been in contact with Richard at backwoods on a vista X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread