Joan Allen Deep Seeker

Cyberspy

Nov 30, 2007
Does anyone have any experience with the Joan Allen Deep Seeker metal detector?

It's described here: http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_moreinfo_deepseeker_uk.html

It is cheap, but the company seems reputable, and is well established, and has many better known brands, such as Bounty Hunter (the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV also looks good). Doesn't seem the type of place that would sell junk.

I ALMOST bought a Treasure Hunter All Vision Pro, but saw some bad comments about them on the old version of this forum (http://www.treasurenet.com/metal_detecting/messages/1040313.shtml), so now I'm much more wary.

Thanks for your advice,

Regards

Adam

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is interesting. This is the rubbish machine normally seen under the MD label as the MD 3009 but at least they only sold it for £77 whilst Joan Allen was charging £149. It has also been on E-Bay at £59 including postage which is about what its worth.

Brian

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the cobra junk magnet i mean beach magnet

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If i was you i would stay away from it. Go with a brand name..Garrett 150 or 250.. or the Fisher F2 ..or Tesoro Silver u max. They are all top brands and very good detectors................Stay away from that thing you are talking about........==Jim==

OP
OP
C

Cyberspy

Nov 30, 2007
Thanls for all your responses - seems like another detector to keep clear of.

Looks like it will be the Bounty Hunter IV, which is avavilable on eBay for £89.

Regards

Adam

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the bounty hunter is a decent machine, a little sensitive but all you have to do is turn down the sens.

OP
OP
C

Cyberspy

Nov 30, 2007
I've just managed to buy a Bounty Hunter Land Star (rebadged as a Radio Shack Discovery 3000) on eBay for £85 - seems like I got a good bargain!

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
i dont know the people you are talking about badger but, i bought one of the chinese junk pieces as they are called, well let me tell you that this thing surprised me, my partner uses it and it will dig you to death, it will find stuff at good depth and we were using it in a area of civil war activity and she came up with a couple bullets and a small harness buckle, me i had one bullet and some junk. you can look at my profile to see which machine i bought and if anyone is interested in where i bought it, pm me, i have nothing to do with this company and will make no claims for or against them, i just know this thing works. it will also read a quarter at 6 inches or better in an air test. now dont flame me for this, i had read a report about them and bought it as a fluke, think i am going to add one more of them to my arsnel before they go up in price or get hard to find,, oh by the way it cost 69.99 plus shipping, you will be surprised at wha t it will do.

Willy

Had a look at one of the websites (Shanghai 21st Cent.) and they've got some pretty funky lookin' machines. They also seem to be getting more sophisticated, but a shy of the mark aesthetics-wise. Won't be long though and N.American/Aussie/European manufacturers will be running scared. Right now they're just repackaging the same ol' stuff.. something that China can probably do better and cheaper. If they don't innovate, it's join join Fisher in spiraling down the toilet time. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread