COMPASS X200

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
It's a heavy SOB (around 4 pounds) but is an excellent nugget hunter and relic hunter, depending on which freq you use. The frequencies are actually 6 Khz and 13.77 Khz. The depth on it can be staggering in highly mineralized ground compared to other detectors today. The X-200 beats the Garrett 2000 in highly mineralized soil, but not in mild soil..

One Polish test chart found it (with stock 8" coil) to locate a small coin at 35 cm and the Garrett 2000 to find that small coin (with a 9.5" stock coil) at 37 cm in (mildly) mineralized ground in all-metal. Out of many detectors tested that That roughly equates to 14" - 15"" .. Not bad at all. 30 cm equals to around 12".

Out of all those detectors , those two were at the very top of the list, bar none. Detectors from nearly every place on the planet were given the gauntlett too.

Here is the site: http://www.polbox.com/d/dark/testy.htm#mineter

These are the closest and most accurate charts I've ever seen anywhere, although a bit dated.

Enjoy

Willy

I have the X-100, and it's pretty much a monster (heavy but deep). I noticed, on the chart, that the ML PI wasn't getting the greatest depth.. hmmm. One thing I've noticed about the X-100, and probably other Compass detectors, is the excellent disc. It's almost unreal how well it does amongst iron trash. It's too bad that Compass has about gone belly-up; I'd love to see a new & improved version of the X-100/200.. lighter, more ergonomic, and with modern electronics. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread