Ordered a New Naughty Today

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I've been sick with the flu the last couple days stuck in the house reading about detecta's and I come across the Nautillus dmc IIb it sounds pretty interesting. I have spent probably 8 hours reading everything I can find on this machine and it sounds awesome. I kinda like the old school thing its got going on and I'm not the biggest fan of meters. Long story short I ordered a new one and should have it in a couple days. If anyone has any experience on one of these, I would appreciate any tips and tricks. I hope the learning curve is not as steep as some of the other brands I own.

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello John!
Sorry you've been sick; I think we all have! :)

You'll like the DMC2b; it's an amazing detector for the money. The dual hearing will seem weird but you'll get use to it very quickly. Did you order it with the S rod or the horseshoe? You do know that Killer Bee has the Wasp designed for it? Throw those Calrads away. :)

I see you also use the Severeign GT; how do you like it? How does it compare in depth, lets say to the SE?

Thanks!
GRB

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Hi GoldenRoyBoy,
I love the IIb I've had it going on 2 months now and it's hands down my favorite relic detector. I am selling my GT and EXP2. I've had it with machines I have to swing ultra slow and try to dilly dabble around with every reasonably deep signal to solid it up and run in the null unless you swing them boringly slow and drop sensitivity to nill. I've used the EXP2 for about 3 years and Sov GT about a year, I have logged many hours on both machines and yes they will find deep coins but they are not fun machines to run for me.
Their both heavy, awkward feeling and complicated. I have checked deep signals with the IIb that the sov and exp were doing all they could do to make little peeps and the IIb would hit those signals hard. It's a no-brainer for me. I have done the whites conversion on the IIb and what a difference. I did get the Killer B's from Brian @ Southern and love them.
This machine just makes sense to me and I won't ever give it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread