Cobra Beach Magnet Not impressed

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
I purchased a cobra beach magnet for 400.00 last part of last year to take on vacation in march of 08 was going to beach so thought how nice it would be to hunt in water. received unit heavy box slid around on shaft could not tighten screws enough to keep it on straight . Head phns started flaking off black plastic peices all over my head and ear. took to beach only got to go approx 100 ft before the coil just broke off the shaft plastic shaft broke in 3 peices coil is heavy and plastic screw will not hold the coil in position it keeps falling down so one hr of vacation and no detector took back to hotel and almost trew it in the ocean . very dissapointed in this machine would not recomend purchasing one it is hard to pinpoint and would not find a nickle only if you set the head on top of it it would find it . I've contacted Kellyco no info as yet I know i have to pay 20.00 shipping fees and a restocking fee I hope that machine will never get restocked and sold to some one else . So I lose so much for a beach hunt vacation never got to use it . UP DATE TO THIS STORY I CALLED KELLEYCO AND EXPLAINED EVERY THING AND THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY AND I IN RETURN ORDERED A MINLABE EXTERA 50 AND IT WORKS GREAT THANKS KELLYCO GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
this story has been told a 100's times. I guess they make money selling these junk machines, you got to pay a restock fee an then you end up buying another machine that they should have sold you the first time.These come from a company in China you can buy them for like 70.00 or so,I had the web site but lost it. the buyers put there own decals on the machine. they sell alot of these cheap machines.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst detector I've ever owned. It's the only detector I did not keep, in fact I gave it away.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before we blame Kellyco, Did the OP research the machine? Did he ask any questions? Did he have ANY idea what he was doing or buying? As old timers we KNOW what we are doing and WHO to buy from. KellyCo can't be responsible for every newbie that throws money at them. They did the right thing and gave the OP a complete refund. Would YOU have done the same?

This is my opinion, not the word of God. My opinion is no more valid than yours, but it is what it is.:skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread