Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
bigcypresshunter said:
A few years back, my Whites Treasuremaster Amphibian's waterproof coil flooded inside and stopped working. I carefully cut the silicon seal off the bottom, opened it up and allowed the inside to dry out. I gooped it back together and sealed the wire and now it works. Not bad for a 30 plus year old unit.

This DetectorPro PI never worked properly from the start. It has had numerous problems, one after the other, and the factory could not even repair it. I am thinking of opening up my coil. I think herein lies the problem. Like I said before, the factory replaced ALL of my electronics. The problem has to be from the headphone connection down. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have no suggestions but i think you got a lemon and detector Pro service stinks...............

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
My first headhunter arrived for my B day flooded before i reached 10 feet in depth sent it back and argued eventually received it repaired, second time I used it , it flooded 1 minute off the boat in a few feet of water, sent it back, was returned via dhl, when the box came it was busted so I opened it on DHL counter for insurance but the joke was on me as water came out the ear cups, so much for pressure testing of course I gave up as it was the worst service and it gathers dust under a counter, dont recommend them this was 3 years ago and money was hard to come by what a waste.Personally I suggest you save for a new unit, not another one of these, poor service, poor ear cups. Cheers

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OldGold1974 said:
My first headhunter arrived for my B day flooded before i reached 10 feet in depth sent it back and argued eventually received it repaired, second time I used it , it flooded 1 minute off the boat in a few feet of water, sent it back, was returned via dhl, when the box came it was busted so I opened it on DHL counter for insurance but the joke was on me as water came out the ear cups, so much for pressure testing of course I gave up as it was the worst service and it gathers dust under a counter, dont recommend them this was 3 years ago and money was hard to come by what a waste.Personally I suggest you save for a new unit, not another one of these, poor service, poor ear cups. Cheers
Im sorry to hear you also got a lemon. Bought mine about 2-1/2 years ago. If I put my head underwater, Im sure it will flood again. Its definitely not a trustworthy diving unit. It appears that many of the cups are defective. They never attempted to replace my defective cups but I was happy, at the time, to get new electronics. I can see the O-ring on one side where it wont snap completely shut. It sometimes pops open while Im carrying it from my car to the beach, wires and batteries hanging out. I decided to use it beach and surf ONLY because it cannot be made waterproof, but it is water resistant. I just wish I could get the constant falsing to stop. I hate to think that it was a waste of money. Im going to try and repair mine or buy another coil.

Do you have the constant falsing problem? Do you have an 8 inch coil for sale?

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
PM me and i will post you my whole unit for a cold beer, address name etc pm ..cheers

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OldGold1974 said:
PM me and i will post you my whole unit for a cold beer, address name etc pm ..cheers
Are you serious? I sent PM.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow! Thanks OldGold. I owe you a beer.

I had heard of members giving other members detectors that they could put to good use, but it never happened to me. This is a very nice thing you are doing. Maybe between the two lemons, I can make one good one.

I bought my unit brand new from the dealer on eBay at a very reduced price of $400. Thinking back on it, I believe my dealer had a bunch of defective units and knew it. That is probably the reason he was selling them on eBay so cheap.

I think he would have been better off advising people NOT to go underwater. He could have sold them as beach and surf only units and saved a lot of warranty repairs and aggravation.. My dealer told me himself that as soon as saltwater floods the motherboard, it is ruined. I gave up when my dealer said I damaged the unit and called me a liar on a public forum. I saved the entire conversation. Now he has a group of extremely dissatisfied customers and bad publicity.

These units are no longer rated for diving. I hear DetectorPro is working hard to keep their new customers happy. From what I read the Wader and Pirate are decent units for the price. But mistakes they made with us in the past and the treatment we received is hard to forget.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I received your PM OldGold. Thanks again. I will be looking forward to the mail and I hope to be able to make one good unit out of the two in time for the next hurricane. :icon_thumright:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
My plan is to take the coil off of your flooded unit and connect it to mine. I cant wait to finally hit the beaches. 8) I hope it works.

Does anybody know where I can purchase a good waterproof connection where I attach the coil wire to my headphones?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OldGold1974 said:
I received your DetectorPro HH in the mail today. I want to say thanks. :icon_thumright:
Unlike mine, it looks as if you got a lot of use out of it. You must have used it a lot on the beach.

Why did you have the need to run an extra wire to the batteries and cut holes in the cups? It doesnt really matter to me because I only plan on using the coil, but Im curious as to the reason for the alterations?

I also notice your cups have a completely different o-ring seal than mine. Your cups also will not twist the wire in the frame like mine does. I dont know if yours is an older or newer model. .

Thanks again. I really appreciate it and I hope the 8" coil will solve my problems.

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
I used it in the hills bush wacking it still worked it has issues but since its no good underwater i gave up on it, towards the end i did not care, it sux for water use, would consider one for land but since this one flooded so many times i did not trust it, ive several good units, minelab,aquapulse,fisher, had high hopes for this one, still maybe it works for you, good luck and cheers

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OldGold1974 said:
I used it in the hills bush wacking it still worked it has issues but since its no good underwater i gave up on it, towards the end i did not care, it sux for water use, would consider one for land but since this one flooded so many times i did not trust it, ive several good units, minelab,aquapulse,fisher, had high hopes for this one, still maybe it works for you, good luck and cheers
Thanks again. I understand. They should not have sold these as diving units.

Ay least you were able to get some use out of it. I cant really use mine on land or in the water because of the constant falsing. Mine still looks brand new like the day I bought it.

I hope to make one good semi-waterproof land unit out of the two. These would be good units for the WWII hunters in Eastern Europe looking for deep iron targets.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Update. Its been awhile since I last posted. My HH PI unit remains brand new (sits in the closet) because Im unable to really use it. The pictures below are from the detector OldGold sent to me which Im very grateful. Im going to try and swap the coil. Unlike mine, it looks well used. .

Question does anybody know how I can waterproof this 8 inch coil wire so I can surf hunt?
Does anybody know where I can purchase a waterproof connector so I can interchange coils?

Attachments

• DetectorPro from Virgin Is.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 665
  • DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 651
  • DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire rot.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire rot.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 654
  • DetectorPeo from Virgin Is closeup coil.jpg
    DetectorPeo from Virgin Is closeup coil.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 658
  • DetectorPro from Virgin Is.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 646
  • DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 610
  • DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire rot.jpg
    DetectorPro from Virgin Is coil wire rot.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 611
  • DetectorPeo from Virgin Is closeup coil.jpg
    DetectorPeo from Virgin Is closeup coil.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 607

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Update. Its been awhile since I last posted. My HH PI unit remains brand new (sits in the closet) because Im unable to really use it. The pictures below are from the detector OldGold sent to me which Im very grateful. Im going to try and swap the coil. Unlike mine, it looks well used. .

Question does anybody know how I can waterproof this 8 inch coil wire so I can surf hunt?
Does anybody know where I can purchase a waterproof connector so I can interchange coils?
hey, did you ever get the coils exchanged?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
scaupus said:
bigcypresshunter said:

hey, did you ever get the coils exchanged?
I am very grateful for the 8 inch coil that was given to me but the wiring is just too rotten for me to repair. Its rotted under the rubber in many different places. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it work.

I have been using my 11 inch coil but its extremely aggravating and very hard to use with the constant falsing. Im stuck with a DetectorPro lemon and unfortunately I cant afford buy another at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread