Scored A Compass Yukon 77-B

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
Lady luck paid out today with finding a like new Compass Yukon 77B.. All working and ser number 725. This is a killer on gold rings in iron infested areas. Works great on the fresh water beaches. Could not believe in which he was asking $20. with hard case and headphones. Now I will put her to work and should not have any problems in paying this yukon off. Long live the 100 KHZ!
A.C.

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,964

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:...Your a lucky dog i wish i could get my hands on one..........Now go find the gold....

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......Tucando.........Which model do you have..............the Professional or the Automatic??.......................................I have both!!.............Joe

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..............MY COMPASS COLLECTION.............FROM TOP TO BOTTOM...................Coin Magnum, Judge 2, 77B Automatic, and 77B Professional...............Joe

Attachments

• compass group.JPG
    compass group.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 2,297

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..............Tucano.........at the time of my other posts.......I did not know that you was the famous A.C. of the Compass Metal Detector Company!! Over the years I have enjoyed a lot of your articles in the various treasure magazines...................I also remember when you worked for Garrett.........I think I remember you in some Garrett Ads proclaiming "They go so deep.........I'm afraid to dig".............LOL..........probably not a direct quote as my memory can get a bit fuzzy thru the many years............LOL..........................Joe

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent detectors!
I had a 94B, 74B, 77B, Judge II manual and auto.
Found the 2 1/2 dollar gold piece in my avatar back in 1976. Haven't found one since.
I remember wearing out the manual tuners about once a year. All it took was a little dirt or grit in the tuner and it would seize up to where you needed a vise grip to turn it.
Thanks for the memories!

HH

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Compass Yukon 77 Bravo was my first metal detector in the late 1970's. Wonderful memories . We love to have anothe

Melbeta

May 10, 2010
Lady luck paid out today with finding a like new Compass Yukon 77B.. All working and ser number 725. This is a killer on gold rings in iron infested areas. Works great on the fresh water beaches. Could not believe in which he was asking $20. with hard case and headphones. Now I will put her to work and should not have any problems in paying this yukon off. Long live the 100 KHZ!
A.C.
tucando, aka Allan Cannon, I have left the Compass Forum, it would no longer let me post, just look at the forum, it was a new software you see, but no changes for me, so I left the Compass forum, and am posting here right now. i know it is an old thread, but I intend to bring it back to life.

So how are you doing? I have not spoken to you for some time Allan.
Melbeta

Melbeta

May 10, 2010
I am Melbeta, old forum user, moving around out there now. So anyone using
vintage metal detectors? I am not into the newer detectors, which use PHASE SHIFT technology in discrimination. I do not search inside the trash level, I search below the trash level, where I find faint whisper signals of the oldies...
Melbeta

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how are you doing? I have not spoken to you for some time Allan.
Melbeta
The post you replied to is 15 years old. Though it does say the user was last online in 2022, so who knows, maybe they will drop by and see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread