Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1410 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

COMPASS GOLD SCANNER PRO

I just got this...Compass Gold Scanner Pro... And if this detector is as good as every one says it is ....this will be my main detector.With my Minelab Sovereign GT as my back up. Now they call it a Gold Scanner but it is a ........ ...Coin & Relic detector...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8d1f_1.jpg 
Views:	2444 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	226531  
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where .."

us
    Sep 2007
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
    3 times

Re: COMPASS GOLD SCANNER PRO

The GoldScanner Pro and the Relic and Coin are the same detector with a sticker on one to help them sell as a relic hunter (and they are good ones too). In very mild soil tune the threshold to the right to a slight hum. In high iron soil use the "all-the-way-to-the-left" setting. (it will "click). Make sure you ground balance it first.

These detectors are the deepest size-for-coil-size vlf detectors I have ever encountered, no matter which brand I have tried, but especially in high iron soils. Some other detectors get a tad more depth in wussie soils, but only because they are using larger coils. My Scanner Relic and Coin gets an extra inch depth with it's 8" coil over my cz-70 with it's 7.5 coil, and my cz-70 gets exactly the same depth with it's 7.5" coil as an Explorer SE or II, a DFX, or any Sovereign of any variety with a 10" coil on any one of them. If you don't get at least 13" on a nickel in air with it - you need to send it to Keith Wills to have it repaired. Mine gets 14" in air and a DFX with it's 9.5 gets 12" just like the above Minelabs. Plan on spanking people at the parks and nugget hunting, but only if it is in good running condition.

And BTW, Compasses go deeper the quicker they are scanned, up to a certain saturation point, of course.

Have fun

EasyMoney

Snow's Metal Detectors Tesoro, Sunray and Rods by Plugger Dealer

Dec 2006
    New Milford,CT.
    Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
    1 times

I got one coming also! Mine is a Coin Scanner Pro powered by 8 AAs. I believe this is the model that George Payne designed! I should get it by next Tues. I'll get back with a report. Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

it
    all ways up for a hunt in the pines

Dec 2007
    bayville nj
    minelab xs
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

there is now way your sov . will become your back up.... unless you depend on a meter machine ,,.... the gt is a super deep unit in the right hands ..... just my thought . pine out

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by pinebarrens1
    there is now way your sov . will become your back up.... unless you depend on a meter machine ,,.... the gt is a super deep unit in the right hands ..... just my thought . pine out
    I agree.

The Scanner might be very good though. I've heard it bragged to the heavens.

It's on my list of future trys.

Badger
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Barber

Jun 2005
    Yakima,WA
    XTerra 70 Xterra 705
    3 times

I thought Compass went out of business years ago.Where are you getting these machines?

Snow's Metal Detectors Tesoro, Sunray and Rods by Plugger Dealer

Dec 2006
    New Milford,CT.
    Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
    1 times

EasyMoney,

Good for you ,tell these young puppies the way it is! I think they give these Minelab buyers a brain washing or something when they buy a machine. The Minelab is a fine detector but it's NOT without it's flaws or weaknesses. I keep saying this over and over: " We all have different needs and what works for US and suits our own particular needs, there is no single detector that's best for everyone."
    I'm not worried about the depth on the CS Pro. I learned a long time ago that depth isn't everything. I was a Compass dealer for many years when George and Ron were at Compass, They were good times! We probably have the Minelab people all riled up now Larry, oh well. Joe

us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times

EasyMoney........I have heard so much about Compass over the years and have read all you have to say about them. And Gary here on tnet has a compass forum i go in to.....www.compass-metal-detector-forum.....and read a lot of information on there. So instead of going with the run of the mill detectors i thought i would try some thing different. I have not got it yet it was sent out to me yesterday Fri.the 22 but from all i hear i will make it my main detector. And then post what i found out under the Compass forum darn we don't have a Compass forum. .....Easy i am haveing the depth mod put in mine by Keith..I hear he doe's a good job and he is the best out there.............................==Jim==

us
    Sep 2007
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
    3 times

Well, I remember one time when someone was using an Explorer in another State and I pulled out my R&C because he was having trouble telling what was in the ground. I GB'd the Compass, put it on fast retune, took a couple of passes one way, then the other, and then looked at him and said; "it's either a shotgun shell or a brass cartridge". He looked at me real funny and said; "this here metal detector says it could be a piece of steel and it could also be a piece of aluminum, and THIS thing is the best on the market, there ain't nuthin' deeper".

It was a shotgun shell at only 5-6 inches. That sure made me want to go right out and buy one of them there Explorer thingy's, fo sho'.

Oh, and getting riled up is just fine with me, at least I got a chance to re-teach the brain-washed or teach the untaught. Mai plaisir, mon ami.

'Nuff said.

EasyMoney

us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times

Quote Originally Posted by EasyMoney
    Well, I remember one time when someone was using an Explorer in another State and I pulled out my R&C because he was having trouble telling what was in the ground. I GB'd the Compass, put it on fast retune, took a couple of passes one way, then the other, and then looked at him and said; "it's either a shotgun shell or a brass cartridge". He looked at me real funny and said; "this here metal detector says it could be a piece of steel and it could also be a piece of aluminum, and THIS thing is the best on the market, there ain't nuthin' deeper".

It was a shotgun shell at only 5-6 inches. That sure made me want to go right out and buy one of them there Explorer thingy's, fo sho'.

Oh, and getting riled up is just fine with me, at least I got a chance to re-teach the brain-washed or teach the untaught. Mai plaisir, mon ami.

'Nuff said.

EasyMoney
    EasyMoney....When you say brain washed you hit the nail right on the head.I think the way it looks i might have a Compass to back up my compass......You know i fell into that brain washed group for a couple of years and found out what ever brand of detector i got or model they were just about all the same as you might have noticed i have been selling off my detectors the list of what i have is getting smaller and smaller.................==Jim==

us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times

Joe...How is that Gold Bug you picked up at the tag sale good shape?.......................==Jim==

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    Joe, You are right about the young puppies not knowing about how good the Compass detectors can be.
    Well I sure hope you include me in with the young puppies...ain't been called young in 20 years

But one thing that would be constructive is to have a truthfully objective appraisal of the Compass once you learn it.

Myself I don't even care about pride and who has the best or whatever. I'm looking for solid info that might enhance my enjoyment or at least keep me from wasting money.

Look forward to some facts.

Badger
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Barber

Jun 2005
    Yakima,WA
    XTerra 70 Xterra 705
    3 times

I tried that Compass site, but couldn;t get anything........??

us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    Joe, You are right about the young puppies not knowing about how good the Compass detectors can be.
    Well I sure hope you include me in with the young puppies...ain't been called young in 20 years

But one thing that would be constructive is to have a truthfully objective appraisal of the Compass once you learn it.

Myself I don't even care about pride and who has the best or whatever. I'm looking for solid info that might enhance my enjoyment or at least keep me from wasting money.

Look forward to some facts.

Badger
    Badger..We will do the best we can for you. Like i told EasyMoney i have been selling off my detectors.No use haveing a stable of detectors all different makes and brands and they all do the same thing . And i hear that the Compass excells at discriminating out iron.........==Jim==

us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1410 times

Quote Originally Posted by barber
    I tried that Compass site, but couldn;t get anything........??
    Just put in with the dashes no www and no com like this ......... compass-metal-detector-forum ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links