GREECE

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but not more than once.
Unfortunately they regard detector users as criminals so its not the place for a detecting holiday.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is, whatever you'd find would have to stay there.

You're not too likely to get it past customs when coming home.

They have very strict cultural property laws.

I have in laws in Italy and would LOVE to detect there on their farmland.

However, even if I found some great items, I doubt it'd be worth the risk to try to get them back here with me.

I suppose one could mail them back to your self, but then again if they were to get stopped at customs there or in the US, you lose them and may be faced with some hefty fines...so, not too worth it.

Just take loads and loads of pictures!

S

Sub

Greece is a MDing paradise.. The only thing is...you cant hunt!!
Im Greek and i just got my 1st MD.. an Ace250..
After that. i found out that i can own a metal detector but i cant use it without permision for a specific place AND time! That sucks... :(

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Alchemy said:
Problem is, whatever you'd find would have to stay there.

You're not too likely to get it past customs when coming home.

They have very strict cultural property laws.

I have in laws in Italy and would LOVE to detect there on their farmland.

However, even if I found some great items, I doubt it'd be worth the risk to try to get them back here with me.

I suppose one could mail them back to your self, but then again if they were to get stopped at customs there or in the US, you lose them and may be faced with some hefty fines...so, not too worth it.

Just take loads and loads of pictures!

Italy (At least in the North) isn´t much of a problem. Report the find, they give you 10% of the value, and unless it´s something really special, you get to keep the find too. Further South though, detecting is either banned, or very restricted.

BFett

Greenie
Jan 13, 2006
Seoul
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Tesoro Lobo
Seems like they know that there are some finds there. I understand their intentions. But, I would still ask and try just to see what I could find. England seems to be a great place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread