República Dé Panama

bill27

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brett,

Just recently spent several hours in Tierras Altas, above Volcan with a new Fisher gold bug. Nothing to be found there. The gold bug is ok for the money, 500$, but much prefer white's GMT, and have one on order.

Spent some time at the Santa Rosa mine where the guard was nice enough to show me around. My feeling is there's not much to be found in the area as the locals aren't panning or even knowledgeable of gold in the area.

Just in it for the hobby and will have my attorney get me the necessary docs, I hope.

OP
OP
Panama Brett

Panama Brett

Nov 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice we plan to visit several abondoned mines veragus. the locals are forbidden to extract gold in panama you can get a permit from the government if you wish to pan you get to keep what you find. however all pre columbian arifacts will belong to the government if found.

bill27

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun. Las Juntas CR is honeycombed with caves. One must be very careful there as aside from the bats, some of the tunnels are straight down, probably 50 meters judging by a stone drop.

What type of detector are you using?

OP
OP
Panama Brett

Panama Brett

Nov 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use minelabs with a few differnt coils depending what location we are at

bill27

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite the pro with a minelab.

Happy hunting...

How do you go about processing the ore, or are you just finding it in big chunks , ))

Last edited:

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brett, I have been metal detecting in Panama for the last couple of years or so around Nombre de Dios, the Camino real, and the camino de cruces. I'll be heading back at the start of dry season. Let me know of you want to meet up and compare notes. Saludos...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread