OP
OP
conquistador

conquistador

Feb 13, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
dfx.
Just picture this Beautiful white sandy beaches, palm trees in the background, a pina colada in hand ,A warm tropical breeze.Pirates once inhabating the island.That right Even Puerto Rico having it's very real life Pirate,where he and his Pirate crew had hidden caves. Five hundred year old Spanish Forts. Who knows what's buried under the sand or in the lagoons?.Does it sound exciting !!!!. I'am looking for a metal detecting buddy or buddies who does not mind getting some sun!!!!.I'll be in Puerto Rico on May 25th 2007 until June the 3rd.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conquistodor,

My friend at work is Puerto Rican. He says P.R. would be a good place to go detecting. He once worked at a resort hotel and still has family there. He tells me when he goes to P.R. he never sees any one detecting. Good luck when you go.

Ed D.

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Conquistador

I detected in PR for more than 10 years, beaches, farms,islands, etc. I can tell something, in PR you don't see many people detecting everytime you go to the beach which it is quite better than here EU to detect, even, you find more coins and gold than any beach on the States. If you stay in SJ that's will be the best place to detect.

I will fly to PR this summer for another MD adventure.

Good luck
Amona

islaverde

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2007
I'm a newbie I would like to know how conquistador made out in his trip in PR his mail box is full.
I'm in PR for a few more weeks I just ordered Garrett Ace250Pro will be here next week.
Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks
islaverde

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Malta, Corona, heineken, etc are part of the Spanish cache in Puerto Rico.

Arch :hello2:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does it cost to stay at a resort in PR for 1-2 weeks?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that is cheap...the air fare would be the expensive part. How about food? I suppose meals could be reasonable too?

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
My ace250 works well here,Lots of trash to sift thru. Having a good Sharp digger is really helpful with the roots. they are 2 x's as bad here as they were in the states. Too bad corona caps and pull tabs are not made of gold lol .I haven't been in the surf too much due to the rough surf in my area. but in the San juan area there are a few gentle beachs to hunt. Stayed there on tuesday nite and got the room for 80 $ but the beach was packed due to a surfing contest of some sort .so I am going back next monday when its over if I can.

billdom

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going ther 1/17/2012 for 2 weeks me and 3 other guys go there every winter to golf down around Aguadilla great cheap trip golf for $30.00 a round. So im taking my garrett 350 . Anyone know of any problems doing this ?

Felipe

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one from PR that is metal detecting around the island?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread