Central America Treasure Hunting

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
In about 2 months or less I leave for Central America, for about 5-9 months.

Seeking contact with other treasure hunters, Prospectors or Historians in the following countries, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, Costa Rica.

If you have a lead or a project you have not been able to pursue because of lack of resources or other reasons, please let me know. Perhaps we can work something out.

Or if you are willing to be a local contact for me, there is information and things locals can do to help me on what I have already planned. You will be compensated for your help.

PM or email me.

ericwt

S

Swindle

I am also going to Central America - Roatan, Honduras. Any info would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade...but....I've been to honduras several times...followed up on howard jennings book...The Treasure Hunter'....it's a long story ..but the gist of it is....'forget it'...good people..fun time....lots of history and little treasure...oh yeah....you can find a few knick knacks....go to las champas via the camino reale out of Plaplaya...or something like that...
I found a cannon ...bronze...dated 1822..have pics of it...i'll try to find 'em'. ...not exactly something you throw in your backpack......pottery shards and such in the village on the banks of the lagoon...and if you dig in the numerous mounds you'll find broken clay figurines by the thousands and virtually worthless. oh...and by the way..i have a friend who lives on one of the bay islands...he has been detecting for years and has yet to find anything of significance....he is a fellow cuke diver in the fall, here in alaska....he's lived in utilla for at least 10 years....and there's oh so much more to tell....
Fortunate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread