Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gold in Hawaii?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2006
    Oahu, Hawaii

Gold in Hawaii?

In April I'm going to move to Hawaii Island of Oahu and was just wanted to ask the experts if the Hawaii islands would be worth doing any panning for gold. Thanks for the help

us
    Jan 2008
    Villa Rica georgia
    gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
    57 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Gold in Hawaii?

don't try panning ,no placer gold-but get a good detector-the gold in hawaii is the best kind----------it's all stamped 10/14/18 kt.anda lot has diamonds and other gemstones already attached.if your really lucky some of them acually fit your finger right out of the sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
    no matter where you go,there you are!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2412 times

RUN-don't walk to the beach closest to the most expensive resort you can find. In poor folks beaches(public) you find coins,cheap jewelry and toys. In rich folk beaches you find RIGHTEOUS HIGH GRADE JEWELRY. Proved this out many times in the OC years ago. Public Huntington beaches provide ok stuff but hit Laguna or Corona Del Mar and you make out by far better-go for the gold-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

us
    May 2006
    Oahu, Hawaii

My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?

us
    Jan 2008
    Villa Rica georgia
    gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
    57 times

one thing about it ,that guy with the metal detector-is the one bringinging home the gold! all the ones looking or laughing are the ones losing it!
    no matter where you go,there you are!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2412 times

Name of unit please--as salt water beaches are extremely hard to gb in as salt is a great conductor and causes trouble(wet especially) for cheaper units. Night time is crime time so go for early am and what is wrong with being the guy on the beach with the detector?? You ashamed of not being lazy??John

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    581 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalfloss
    My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?
    Don't even think of trying out a cheap MD on the salt water beaches. They go off constantly on the salt.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    May 2006
    Oahu, Hawaii

umm that sucks, maybe i will just give the MD to my wife's little brother i think he would get more use out of it then me. the truth is i think i would get into it and my wife I'm sure would have fun digging for hidden treasure on the beach especially if she found something good.

i was just looking at MD on eBay last night but might be hard to talk the wife into spending money on a real MD the one she bought and I'm embarrassed saying this it is a marsman metal detector professional grade $30.00 so yeah its cheap and being that guy well when i was stationd in hawaii the frist time we always made fun of the guys on the beach weaving in and out of all the people on the beach but i was young dumb and didnt have a care in the world but thought it would be lots of fun.

What would be a good MD for someone starting out on salt water beaches in hawaii. I know my wife will be into it as soon as she finds something, she was all about looking for spear points till she didnt find anything and never wanted to go back.

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    964 times

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John
    RUN-don't walk to the beach closest to the most expensive resort you can find. In poor folks beaches(public) you find coins,cheap jewelry and toys. In rich folk beaches you find RIGHTEOUS HIGH GRADE JEWELRY. Proved this out many times in the OC years ago. Public Huntington beaches provide ok stuff but hit Laguna or Corona Del Mar and you make out by far better-go for the gold-tons a au 2 u 2 -John
    NOW WHY DID YOU GO AND LET THAT CAT OUT OF THE BAG? HUH?
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

May 2006
    6 times

Hi there, I have a cheapy Bounty Hunter Tracker lV & it goes good on my local beachs & they have black sands, iron, as well. Detector purrs /......WET or Dry. Above high tide mark or below & the coil is sweet to dip in the drink as well. Wont break the bank & you will find goodies with it.

Happy hunting

JW

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2412 times

Old TR technology ifn' memory and time of day serves me well,good on hardrock ferrous/non ferrous too-but depth sucks bigtime-John

May 2006
    6 times

Yer but like I said it is a cheapy & for beach detecting for freshly droped goddies that havnt worked there way 2 feet below the surface it does an ok job down to about 8". That good for finding stuff lost in the last few days.

JW

us
    Feb 2010
    Bakersfield
    Bounty Hunter

We were just in Oahu. If you go to the beach over by the Hilton in Waikiki. Near the Army museum. Where the Atlantis submarine goes out. There are a ton of people hanging out and a lot of dry sand. Also I would assume Turtle Bay resort would be a great place to find jewelry. Going to Hawaii made me want a MD I must have drove my hubby crazy because when we got home he got me one for my b-day. Good luck!!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    765 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

hawaii need good detector * hot rock minerals , salt water beaches --

surprized with the volcano's -- theres not gold or diamonds or stones of some sort brought up from the depths of the earth .

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2412 times

AAREN--ya got a keeper husband--now THAT'S good as gold-John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors