Gold in Hawaii?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't try panning ,no placer gold-but get a good detector-the gold in hawaii is the best kind----------it's all stamped 10/14/18 kt.anda lot has diamonds and other gemstones already attached.if your really lucky some of them acually fit your finger right out of the sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: 8) 8) 8) :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: RUN-don't walk to the beach closest to the most expensive resort you can find. In poor folks beaches(public) you find coins,cheap jewelry and toys. In rich folk beaches you find RIGHTEOUS HIGH GRADE JEWELRY. Proved this out many times in the OC years ago. Public Huntington beaches provide ok stuff but hit Laguna or Corona Del Mar and you make out by far better-go for the gold-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing about it ,that guy with the metal detector-is the one bringinging home the gold! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:all the ones looking or laughing are the ones losing it! :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :o :o :o :o :o

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name of unit please--as salt water beaches are extremely hard to gb in as salt is a great conductor and causes trouble(wet especially) for cheaper units. Night time is crime time so go for early am and what is wrong with being the guy on the beach with the detector?? You ashamed of not being lazy??John :dontknow:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?

Don't even think of trying out a cheap MD on the salt water beaches. They go off constantly on the salt.

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
umm that sucks, maybe i will just give the MD to my wife's little brother i think he would get more use out of it then me. the truth is i think i would get into it and my wife I'm sure would have fun digging for hidden treasure on the beach especially if she found something good.

i was just looking at MD on eBay last night but might be hard to talk the wife into spending money on a real MD the one she bought and I'm embarrassed saying this it is a marsman metal detector professional grade $30.00 so yeah its cheap and being that guy well when i was stationd in hawaii the frist time we always made fun of the guys on the beach weaving in and out of all the people on the beach but i was young dumb and didnt have a care in the world but thought it would be lots of fun.

What would be a good MD for someone starting out on salt water beaches in hawaii. I know my wife will be into it as soon as she finds something, she was all about looking for spear points till she didnt find anything and never wanted to go back.

S

stefen

Hoser John said:
:icon_sunny: RUN-don't walk to the beach closest to the most expensive resort you can find. In poor folks beaches(public) you find coins,cheap jewelry and toys. In rich folk beaches you find RIGHTEOUS HIGH GRADE JEWELRY. Proved this out many times in the OC years ago. Public Huntington beaches provide ok stuff but hit Laguna or Corona Del Mar and you make out by far better-go for the gold-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

NOW WHY DID YOU GO AND LET THAT CAT OUT OF THE BAG? HUH? :laughing7:

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi there, I have a cheapy Bounty Hunter Tracker lV & it goes good on my local beachs & they have black sands, iron, as well. Detector purrs /......WET or Dry. Above high tide mark or below & the coil is sweet to dip in the drink as well. Wont break the bank & you will find goodies with it.

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old TR technology ifn' memory and time of day serves me well,good on hardrock ferrous/non ferrous too-but depth sucks bigtime-John

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Yer but like I said it is a cheapy & for beach detecting for freshly droped goddies that havnt worked there way 2 feet below the surface it does an ok job down to about 8". That good for finding stuff lost in the last few days.

JW

aaren

Greenie
Feb 15, 2010
Bakersfield
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
We were just in Oahu. If you go to the beach over by the Hilton in Waikiki. Near the Army museum. Where the Atlantis submarine goes out. There are a ton of people hanging out and a lot of dry sand. Also I would assume Turtle Bay resort would be a great place to find jewelry. Going to Hawaii made me want a MD I must have drove my hubby crazy because when we got home he got me one for my b-day. Good luck!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hawaii need good detector * hot rock minerals , salt water beaches --

surprized with the volcano's -- theres not gold or diamonds or stones of some sort brought up from the depths of the earth .

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:Me too!
As to the volcanics & diamonds etc. Probably the wrong kind of volcanics. Here in NZ the city of Auckland has the most volcanic peaks/cones per square mile in the world & not one quartz reef. And like Hawaii, no valuable minerals associated with it. Across the Firth of Thames from Auckland, wouldnt be 30 miles, is the Coromandel Peninsular where I am, and there is quartz by the zillion & gold, silver etc. Hydrothermal & geothermal deposits from huge volcanics eons ago. Go figure :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Such is mother nature. ??? ??? ???

Happy Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummmmm...doesn't United States Treasure atlas claim that raw diamonds can be found certain places around Hawaii? Anyway, I don't live there and never have visited Hawaii yet either...but sure would like to MD those beaches. :icon_sunny:

Just tried a Google search for raw diamonds in Hawaii and turned up nothing...maybe it is just a myth, if there was any, seems like some info or photos of them could be found. ???

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kiwi jw said:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:Me too!
As to the volcanics & diamonds etc. Probably the wrong kind of volcanics. Here in NZ the city of Auckland has the most volcanic peaks/cones per square mile in the world & not one quartz reef. And like Hawaii, no valuable minerals associated with it. Across the Firth of Thames from Auckland, wouldnt be 30 miles, is the Coromandel Peninsular where I am, and there is quartz by the zillion & gold, silver etc. Hydrothermal & geothermal deposits from huge volcanics eons ago. Go figure :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Such is mother nature. ??? ??? ???

Happy Hunting

Gold is thought to be concentrated trough hydrothermal veins.
The hydrothermal vein has to go trough a place that has gold as per to be able to desolve it and bring it up.
Where there is no gold, there can no gold be.. Kinda.. ;D

It is mainly from these hydrothermal veins the association of gold and quartz have, they crystallize in the same conditions.
Otherwise they have very little in common. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread