• up stream.jpg
    up stream.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Interesting, looks like you are mining a bench deposit from an old river bed. Am I wrong?

OP
OP
J

john adams

Feb 10, 2006
:thumbsup: :hello: :coffee2: Mornin John.
I thought I posted this is the dredge/highbanking forum If it needs moved :help:
Capn I am just 800 yards above a very large Hyd. wash with many waterfalls between, This is a gulch/creek . It has produced mostly load pieces but also some ancient riverbed pieces. The river was just to the south say 1000 yards. I am actualy workin bank to bank and making pools for pumping as I go up ;D. I believe I just worked past a gold producing vein :hello2: and I will come back and check it later. 2 days ago I had a slim cleanup :'( so wendsday I will step forward and make a new pond. The bedrock has a slot about 2 feet wide down the center of the gulch so I am thinking it will pay well :icon_sunny: The pic of my geologist friend standing on the vein :icon_pirat:

John

Attachments

• 00joe.jpg
    00joe.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 714

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the great pics! Love seeing how other people do stuff. When I see pictures like these, I am right there with ya out in the field hoping for a big find. Good luck with it!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
john adams said:
:thumbsup: :hello: :coffee2: Mornin John.
I thought I posted this is the dredge/highbanking forum If it needs moved :help:
Capn I am just 800 yards above a very large Hyd. wash with many waterfalls between, This is a gulch/creek . It has produced mostly load pieces but also some ancient riverbed pieces. The river was just to the south say 1000 yards. I am actualy workin bank to bank and making pools for pumping as I go up ;D. I believe I just worked past a gold producing vein :hello2: and I will come back and check it later. 2 days ago I had a slim cleanup :'( so wendsday I will step forward and make a new pond. The bedrock has a slot about 2 feet wide down the center of the gulch so I am thinking it will pay well :icon_sunny: The pic of my geologist friend standing on the vein :icon_pirat:

John

thebirdissuperior.jpg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see ya back John,and quite the operation you got goin' there! :thumbsup:

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey john, sure looks like you have something good going on there. keep us posted with up dayes. thanks much for sharing and the very best of luck to you. :) :) ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread