Gold Panning The Llano River In Texas

jf44

Jul 17, 2005
Timpson Tx North of Nacogdoches
Detector(s) used
MXT & Ace 250
Hello,
All I have heard of gold up there is a tiny
bit of gold dust here and there in the river.
You may try to see if they have a club there
by google Good luck
James

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, Several years ago I took my son on a spring break trip hunting arrowheads. While we spent a day or two at "Longs fish and dig" west of town we panned a bit. Great fun, found a few specks in a side creek up in the ranch. He used to charge 15 bucks a day per person, kids are free. He has pans to rent too if you don't have one.
Good Luck. Lone Star

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round Rock GPAA Chapter is having their outing there next weekend the 26th-27th at Malcome longs Fish and Dig. In April they are having another outing 3 miles west of Llano at the Halliburton property the mid part of April.

I will be going to both those events and you do not have to be a member to go to either place.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went to Llano and panned for some gold. Lots of black sand. I did dig up some weeds that was growing in some cracks between some of the granite bolders from the creek going into the river bed. I found some color!!!! Not much but hey it is some gold. I got it drying out in a little bottle so I am take a picture later, may take a few days.

The creek has some large boulders but the sand in the creek bed in many areas is 2-3ft deep. Definitely need to get a suction dredge. Supposedly there was a guy there last week and ran a suction dredge 24hr for 3 days straight and got over an ounce of gold. The owner of the property mentioned it.

I was going to camp out there and dig and pan through tomorrow, but I wasn't feeling good and I came back home this evening. I defintely need to make me a hand suction pump and stick the nozzle as far down to the creek bed under the boulders and hopefully get something good, as well as suck some of the fines in hte cracks of the granite river and creek beds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread