Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2009
    San Antonio, Texas

Gold Panning The Llano River In Texas

Hi all, I am from San Antonio and am interested in panning the Llano River which I hear has some gold.

If anyone knows of any specific areas along the river where panning is allowed please let me know.

Thanks,
    Frank

jf44

Jul 2005
    Timpson Tx North of Nacogdoches
    MXT & Ace 250

Re: Gold Panning The Llano River In Texas

Hello,
    All I have heard of gold up there is a tiny
    bit of gold dust here and there in the river.
    You may try to see if they have a club there
    by google Good luck
    James

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    35 times

Here are some contacts.You do not need to be a member to participate.The Kingsland chapter is the Illano chapter.

http://www.goldprospectors.org/Membe....aspx?State=TX

us
    Jan 2010
    North of the Balcones Escarpment
    46 times

Howdy, Several years ago I took my son on a spring break trip hunting arrowheads. While we spent a day or two at "Longs fish and dig" west of town we panned a bit. Great fun, found a few specks in a side creek up in the ranch. He used to charge 15 bucks a day per person, kids are free. He has pans to rent too if you don't have one.
    Good Luck. Lone Star

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    150 times

Round Rock GPAA Chapter is having their outing there next weekend the 26th-27th at Malcome longs Fish and Dig. In April they are having another outing 3 miles west of Llano at the Halliburton property the mid part of April.

I will be going to both those events and you do not have to be a member to go to either place.
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    150 times

Well, I went to Llano and panned for some gold. Lots of black sand. I did dig up some weeds that was growing in some cracks between some of the granite bolders from the creek going into the river bed. I found some color!!!! Not much but hey it is some gold. I got it drying out in a little bottle so I am take a picture later, may take a few days.

The creek has some large boulders but the sand in the creek bed in many areas is 2-3ft deep. Definitely need to get a suction dredge. Supposedly there was a guy there last week and ran a suction dredge 24hr for 3 days straight and got over an ounce of gold. The owner of the property mentioned it.

I was going to camp out there and dig and pan through tomorrow, but I wasn't feeling good and I came back home this evening. I defintely need to make me a hand suction pump and stick the nozzle as far down to the creek bed under the boulders and hopefully get something good, as well as suck some of the fines in hte cracks of the granite river and creek beds.
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors