panning in southern missouri
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2008
    Kansas City
    Ace 150 currently
    13 times

panning in southern missouri

a college friend of mine was talking about panning for gold in the mark twian national forest. before i go and join the fever, is there really any possibility of gold in good quantity and quality to make the effort worthwhile?
    when i think gold deposits i think montana, texas, california, and carolina. not southern missouri. i may not be sceptical if he said lead and silver.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    144 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Re: panning in southern missouri

Well, from what I've been told time & time again... there is no gold in southern Missouri.
    I've heard there is some "super fine" gold up in northern Missouri, but that's about it.
    But my personal thoughts are... gold is exactly where you find it.
    There were a few times where I wanted to try panning while living in Springfield, but I just never got around to it.
    I'd say, go give it a try and see if anything turns up. There's all kinds of things you can discover while you're out there...
    It's worth a shot!

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Sponsored Links