Will this work??

Jarbacoagold

Feb 23, 2010
Jarabacoa
I have a question, the sites that I have been working here require a bit of hiking to access. Taking heavy items can be a real chore. My question involves a suction dredge. As in the diagram, could I do away with the engine and pump assembly, run the pressure hose vertically under a waterfall to replace these items??? In the rural areas here, I have seen the locals do this with PVC and have very long runs to supply water to there homes. Sometimes several homes on 1 line. There seems to be decent water pressure for that.I was wondering if there would be enough pressure to draw up Gold and dirt from the suction hose?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• dredgedesign.gif
    dredgedesign.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,909
Upvote 0

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Yes that would work but basically a waste of time because you would be restricted to working only near the water fall.
to work any distance from it would require a long length of hose that would need to be higher than the outlet pipe. The long lengths of hose would not end up being much less weight than a pump and engine.

:coffee2:
Gary

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jarbacoa,google gravity dredge.very cheap,light can be effective.should help you out.if you can't find it p.m. me and i will send you a link. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
Jarbacoagold

Jarbacoagold

Feb 23, 2010
Jarabacoa
My computer is acting squirrely, Google is giving me error messages trying to find the link. If you can send, it would be great. For those of you who have never seen one, here is a "Dominican Pickup". I see this stuff here all the time. :laughing7:

Attachments

• crazy motos.jpg
    crazy motos.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 431

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Hi Jarbacoagold, I assumed from your original post you were working at the lowest level below the water fall.
The dredges the other posters are indicating are simply syphons where you use the suction end at the highest point and run the hose to a lower point.
If you are working below the water fall you can use the syphon as long as you have a lower point for the outlet end to run to.

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread